AIX CPU speed

Post by gwar.. » Mon, 20 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Is there a command I can type under AIX which will tell me what speed
CPU the server has.

Thanks

Glenn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

AIX CPU speed

Post by Andry Gunawa » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Is there a command I can type under AIX which will tell me what speed
> CPU the server has.

> Thanks

> Glenn

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hi Glenn,

Maybe you can try to use this command # lsattr -El proc0
This command depend on what AIX version you have install, and what model
you have ?.
Some Processor or CPU in many models RISC/6000 will show the speed in
MHZ and some of  them did'nt just the type of processor. (the results of
the command)

Regards,

Andry Gunawan
System Enginner of RISC/6000
IBM Business Partners Indonesia

AIX CPU speed

Post by Peter Bjoer » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:55:32 GMT a carbon-based biped by the name of

>Is there a command I can type under AIX which will tell me what speed
>CPU the server has.

Hi Glenn

Visit IBM's site :

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/rs6k/techbrowse/

and look at the document called :

"Determining CPU Speed in AIX"

That should give you some help.

Regards

Peter

AIX CPU speed

Post by AlHo » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Is there a command I can type under AIX which will tell me what speed
> CPU the server has.

> Thanks

> Glenn

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/cgi-bin/support/rs6000.support/techb
rowse/tbgaus?gaus_mode=8&documents=093576892313352&database=aix

============================
Ales Horak
AIX System Administrator
Ahold Czech Republic

Post by Philippe Lamber » Thu, 23 Dec 1999 04:00:00

http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/rs6k/techbrowse/

1) select view by operating system
2) select your aix version
3) apply filter speed

Quote:>Is there a command I can type under AIX which will tell me what speed
>CPU the server has.

>Thanks

>Glenn

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

AIX CPU speed

Post by Norman Levi » Thu, 23 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:55:32 GMT a carbon-based biped by the name of

> >Is there a command I can type under AIX which will tell me what speed
> >CPU the server has.

> Hi Glenn

> Visit IBM's site :

> http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/rs6k/techbrowse/

> and look at the document called :

> "Determining CPU Speed in AIX"

> That should give you some help.

This is an excellent URL reference.  It probably should be
in the FAQ's with other AIX resource URLs.

I noticed that most of the articles have recent publish dates
(in 1999) yet I remember many of these items from 1995.
Be aware, that the articles are periodically updated to include
a fact about the latest release so 90% of an article can be 4.1
and %10 about 4.3.3.  That's probably the 10% I'm interested in.

On a parting note, one of the articles tries to explain the initials
'ras' as 'reliability and service' - the is probably from a
'young IBMer' without much history.  For the curious, ras stands
for Reliability, Availability and Serviceability.  These initials
originated in Poughkeepsie MANY years ago when IBM was trying to
get MFT and MVT out on a regular schedule and many releases came
out "way before their time".  In fact, one MFT release was skipped
to ensure that the code would work on ship instead of made to work
with PTF's.

Enough history - time for the next millennium.
Have a great holiday - whatever it may be be and a
better New Year.  Hope to see you all here next year.
Norman Levin  - VM/dynAmIX inc.