help newbie with chpass

Post by Ju K » Fri, 02 May 2003 08:19:03

I downloaded the aix.tools-1.5.4.0 from bull and installed it but I
can't get chpass to work.  Man chpass doesn't work either. The list of
installed software shows that aix.tools-1.5..4.0 is installed. There
is no chpass in /usr/bin. The steps I used to install was downloading
the aix.tools-1.5.4.0.exe file from bull. FTPed it over to the server.
Ran the .exe and it created two files. I ran smit-install-install from
latest. Any help would be appriciated. I'm trying to change the
passwords on 80 training account daily and I would like to use one
command line without the prompting and not prompting the user to
change password on first login.

help newbie with chpass

Post by Ju K » Sat, 03 May 2003 00:53:14

Thanks Nicholas, I was able to find chpass in /usr/local/lib/tools
using your instruction.

1. chpass for Solaris?

hay,
I have an apparently simple need:
set a NEW user passwd without prompting.
I know with 'chpass' this is possible, but it's unavailable for Solaris!?

Does anybody know a possible solution for my problem?
Should I play with stdin or it exists something ready to use?

Hope will interest, bye.

2. .haccess

3. Strange Severe Issue: chpass -s with non-existent shell wipes root pwd &....

4. 2.0.31 .tar.gz: firewall.c macro _basic_version broken

5. chpass problem (2.1.0-RELEASE)

6. Logging onto mixed netork

7. a script to call chpass, make the change, then continue

8. How to know the size of allocated memory?

9. chpass will not exit

10. passwd, chsh, chpass, chfn, chsh problem

11. chpass locked me out of my computer

12. chpass.c

13. NAI-28: Vulnerability in OpenBSD chpass(1)