Compiling C++ Email Virus Renamer

Post by Wendell Dingu » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:06:31

I have such bad luck compiling open source C/C++ stuff on AIX...

http://www.pc-tools.net/linux/  has "renattach" which can be used in
conjunction with procmail to rename executable UU and MIME-encoded file
attachments before end-users get hold of them. It's to protect them from
themselves...

It doesn't compile on AIX and I'm wondering if anyone else on here has
compiled it before or can get it to compile by chance? I'd love to get
hold of the executable or modified source that will compile.. Trying with
the latest GCC and G++ from www.bull.de shareware site...

Thanks in advance!

PS. Errors I get:

gcc renattach.cpp -o ren
renattach.cpp: In function `bool is_match(char *, bool)':
renattach.cpp:226: implicit declaration of function `int strcasecmp(...)'
renattach.cpp: In function `int main(int, char **)':
renattach.cpp:449: implicit declaration of function `int strncasecmp(...)'

Post by Mario Loefle » Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:50:33

> I have such bad luck compiling open source C/C++ stuff on AIX...

> http://www.pc-tools.net/linux/  has "renattach" which can be used in
> conjunction with procmail to rename executable UU and MIME-encoded file
> attachments before end-users get hold of them. It's to protect them from
> themselves...

> It doesn't compile on AIX and I'm wondering if anyone else on here has
> compiled it before or can get it to compile by chance? I'd love to get
> hold of the executable or modified source that will compile.. Trying with
> the latest GCC and G++ from www.bull.de shareware site...

> Thanks in advance!

> PS. Errors I get:

> gcc renattach.cpp -o ren
> renattach.cpp: In function `bool is_match(char *, bool)':
> renattach.cpp:226: implicit declaration of function `int strcasecmp(...)'
> renattach.cpp: In function `int main(int, char **)':
> renattach.cpp:449: implicit declaration of function `int strncasecmp(...)'

add
#include <strings.h>

to the .cpp file. This should help!

( or #include <cstrings> which is the same only more C++ like :-) )

Regards

        Mario

1. these 3 questions from my C++ E-mail group, and my reply to C++ group

Hay man their must be a RED HAT E-mail group, does anybody know about one
then we can both join?

See three comments below

hi guys,

I know that these set of questions are out-of-track....
but I know U great guys will not bother it much....well..:)
these are few questions which were bothering
me for a long time. I had gone though the
manual but just could not find any help....
may be they are too trivial!!
well,
1) how do I make the cursor blink in the
   console??

// Is this a energy saving idea?, Just jokeing
// or as a screen saver?

2) Don't U guys feel the LILO in RH7.1 is
   not well designed! In the sense the
   highlightened OS is not clearly visible.
   In contrast to the "Orange" and "Yellow"
   ....surprisingly it is the "Orange" which
   decides the OS to be booted!!.....however
   one puts it...I hope I have made it clear :)
   Only at some uncompromising brightness, the
   highlightened OS can be seen. But I am sure
   that amt. of brightness is not common or
   atleast one wants !!
   Is there any way to change that ??

// I am just tring out 7.1 and found LILO all right.
// I got RedHat 7.1 from a magazine CDROM
// APC Australia

3) I have noticed that while surfing the net...
   the scripture of certain sites is completely
   out of propotion!! In the sense...the
   heading is quite big, there is a overlapping
   of words etc.
   I have tried changing the fonts from the
   preference of the browser. I have also
   tried that from the KDE control centre.
   How do I rectify this ??

// yes any browser in Linux seems to lack something, have
// you tried OPERA it opens up like a rocket compared getting
// frustrated waiting for Netscape 4.7 to open up

--
From Eric

2. SCO MIRRORS

3. Could I compile "c" source with a C++ compiler (Forte C++ Update 2)?

4. Wanted: Unix/Linux help in Munich..

5. Email Virus

6. 3C595TX

7. protector - 1.00.2 -- GPLed e-mail virus protection

8. HELP: Digicom Fax Modem

9. 3 free tools to combat the Melissa email virus

10. Scanning for Email Viruses on UNIX Host

11. Viruses Attached to email

12. E-mail virus on loose...

13. email virus scanning for FreeBSD?