smit sm_cmd_hdr error

Post by anthonyengl.. » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

On several functions in smit, e.g. adding a remote printer, we get the
following error:

1800-106 An error occurred:
0782-626 Opening the ODM class "sm_cmd_hdr" failed (odmerrno is 5908).
Use local problem reporting procedures.

Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

smit sm_cmd_hdr error

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

for FILE in `ls`
do
    /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piodigest $FILE
done

Regards,
Paul

> On several functions in smit, e.g. adding a remote printer, we get the
> following error:

> 1800-106 An error occurred:
> 0782-626 Opening the ODM class "sm_cmd_hdr" failed (odmerrno is 5908).
> Use local problem reporting procedures.

> Any ideas?

smit sm_cmd_hdr error

Post by anthonyengl.. » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Thank you very much from Down Under.  Worked like a charm.

Anthony English
Sydney, Australia

> for FILE in `ls`
> do
>     /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piodigest $FILE
> done

> Regards,
> Paul

> > On several functions in smit, e.g. adding a remote printer, we get
the
> > following error:

> > 1800-106 An error occurred:
> > 0782-626 Opening the ODM class "sm_cmd_hdr" failed (odmerrno is
5908).
> > Use local problem reporting procedures.

> > Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

smit sm_cmd_hdr error

Post by ArctcCr » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

This seems to be one of those problems that EVERYONE has at one time or
another.

Does anyone know the cause of these files "disappearing"?  Just curious....

>Thank you very much from Down Under.  Worked like a charm.

>Anthony English
>Sydney, Australia

>> for FILE in `ls`
>> do
>>     /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piodigest $FILE
>> done

>> Regards,
>> Paul

>> > On several functions in smit, e.g. adding a remote printer, we get
>the
>> > following error:

>> > 1800-106 An error occurred:
>> > 0782-626 Opening the ODM class "sm_cmd_hdr" failed (odmerrno is
>5908).
>> > Use local problem reporting procedures.

>> > Any ideas?

>> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> > Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

smit sm_cmd_hdr error

Post by LAIX Software Consultin » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Each the a a queue is modified or added, those files grow.  A guess might be
that once they reach a certain size, they are wiped out.  I've never seen a fix
that addresses this one but it does happen to most everyone sooner or later.

Regards,
Paul

> This seems to be one of those problems that EVERYONE has at one time or
> another.

> Does anyone know the cause of these files "disappearing"?  Just curious....

> >Thank you very much from Down Under.  Worked like a charm.

> >Anthony English
> >Sydney, Australia

> >> for FILE in `ls`
> >> do
> >>     /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piodigest $FILE
> >> done

> >> Regards,
> >> Paul

> >the

> >5908).

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

1. Error adding queue sm_cmd_hdr

I am trying to add some printers, I thought there may be
an easy way and just copied the /etc/qconfig from one box
to another (all jet direct type printers, no local) anyways
it bombed of course and I can not even add a printer manually.

When I try to add the printer I get:

1800-106 An Error occurred:
0782-626 Opening the ODM class "sm_cmd_hdr" failed (odmerrno is 5908)

I thought hey, I'll upgrade this 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 and maybe that will
fix it..when I did the upgrade I got the same type of error during
the install.. I think that one was sm_cmd_opt error not found
or something to that effect (where is the log??)

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated...

Adam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. warning fix for ide.h

3. smit backfile and smit backfilesys question

4. What is ncurses for_

5. Pb with smit chgaio and smit chgsys

6. How do I find the version of make on HP

7. smit.log and smit.script files

8. (>>) terminal location of xterms

9. ODM class sm_cmd_hdr and others....how do I get them in the ODM

10. smit error adding print que

11. SMIT Error when Changing Print Queues

12. Error in Smit on 7012 C10

13. smit error : unable to create temp file