Capture changes

Post by Kelly Granber » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:16:41

I am looking for a program that will take before and after snapshots of
files and directories.  We want to see which files are added, deleted or
changed during an install.    For NT we used inctrl5 and Install Watch.
The app helps us QA our systems by showing us what was changed during an
install.  I am thinking we could write something using find and diff but I
hope there is a package out there.

Thanks
Kelly Granberg

Capture changes

Post by Christer Pal » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:40:32

> I am looking for a program that will take before and after snapshots of
> files and directories.  We want to see which files are added, deleted or
> changed during an install.    For NT we used inctrl5 and Install Watch.
> The app helps us QA our systems by showing us what was changed during an
> install.  I am thinking we could write something using find and diff but I
> hope there is a package out there.

Check out tripwire.

  palm.vcf
< 1K Download

1. Capturing changes in a file

What would be the preferred method to do these items below:

1.  Determine what new files have been created as the result of an
installation (excluding the obvious ones in the install directory, but
only those new files in the system directories)

For example, use "find" to locate files with todays date?

2.  Determine the "additions" to already existing files.

Are there commands, scripts, or tools to do this?  Can anyone point me
in the right direction.

I will be able to base this on a controlled environment before the
install occurs

Thanks

2. Moving files from NT to Netapp

3. how can i capture strings from changing files ?

4. NT, 95, 3.11 and Linux?????????

5. Capturing password changes with pwdrestric/pwdchecks

6. problems with my keyboard map (strange!)

7. How to capture and change packet using linux?

8. Ann: 'javadoc' like Documentation Generator For C++

9. Capture mpeg from video capture card.

10. mpeg capture from video capture card

11. change MAC address can change IP address of a machine?

12. programatic change change of window manager

13. SCSi drives changed, how to change mklimux?