aixterm features on PC-based X-emulation?

aixterm features on PC-based X-emulation?

Post by Peer Stritzing » Tue, 09 Feb 1993 15:25:14

Is there a way to get all the features of aixterm on a PC running a
X-emulation? I would need NLS, HCON etc.

Any hint is a big help for me.

--
Peer Stritzinger

1. aixterm tektronix emulation - busted on 3.2

Re: the discussion on aixterm undocmuented flag -t for tektronix
emulation.

On 3.2, this flag will open an aixterm, large window, white background
with a PALE yellow forground cursor.

You are unable to type within this window, but if you hold
control and press button two on the mouse, you will get the
"TEKTRONIX" control box for font selection, page, reset and hardcopy
selections.

However, regardless of focus, you cannot type within this window, and it
appears useless.  The only way I can kill the window is with the window
manager pulldown and close the window, or via the "quit" selction on
control-button-1 popup.

This is on an IBM X-station 120 running IBM release 4 server (bootfile1)
6091 display 2MB video, 3.5MB processor memory, to 6000 running 3.2 on
a model 540 system.  No Xdefaults file, just to make sure I was not
overriding something.

Looks busted to me.
--
Mark Whetzel     My comments are my own, not my company's.
Western Geophysical - A division of Western Atlas International,

VOICE: (713) 963-2544              UUNET address:  uunet!airgun!markw

2. New clone(2) and wait(2) man pages for review

3. Tektronix emulation in aixterm

4. How to check if clients are connected

5. PC-based diskless Xserver for Linux

6. graphics driver 4D51T

7. Recommend a PC-based X server?

8. Any linux program for making "movie" out of still pictures?

9. Time synchronization of Linux PC-based

10. Can I use xdm with a PC-Based X-Term program?

11. PC-based router software

12. DOS/Windows emulation, Re: features you've been looking for

13. Wanted: emulation of csh's "set notify" feature in ksh