problem with intoducing ptfs

Post by deme » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

We have an Aix V4.1 and we are trying to apply some ptfs we got from the
Web.The problem is we install two of the ptfs ok but the system doesn't
seem to recognize the remaining ones as ptfs.They exist as files but
when we use smit or any of the other install tools they don't see them
as installable files.Wonder if anybody has any idea!Thanks in advance...

Post by Alan Hamilt » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>We have an Aix V4.1 and we are trying to apply some ptfs we got from the
>Web.The problem is we install two of the ptfs ok but the system doesn't
>seem to recognize the remaining ones as ptfs.They exist as files but
>when we use smit or any of the other install tools they don't see them
>as installable files.Wonder if anybody has any idea!Thanks in advance...

Normally you can fix this by going into the directory that contains the
PTFs and running

  inutoc .

(note space and period) as root.  After that, smit should see it.

[mailed and posted]

--
      /
  /  *  /  Alan Hamilton