Redirecting user input from the console

Post by Dennis Matz » Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to redirect user input from the console and just can't
seem to get it right. std output and std error are no problem but I
can't get std input to do just what I need.

All I am doing is running a tar backup from crontab. The backup takes
two tapes. So I want the message to insert the next tape to go to the
console (this works fine) and then when the tape has been changed the
response (pressing the return key) should be from the console (this
does not seem to work).

Obviously I am not a shell script expert. So a little guidance in the
right direction would be great.

Thanks