F80 Installation

Post by kanni » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 00:52:47

Hi there,

I have two brand new F80 and I wanted to install AIX 4.3.3 ML 6, but the
system tells me, there are no disks available.

If I open the mashine, I see a nice Hotplug-harddrive (original IBM -
comming with the mashine).

Any Ideas appreciated (I think I miss a simle thing, but I'm too blind to
see)

kannix

F80 Installation

Post by Anthony Holli » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 18:23:55

Hi,

First of all I assume that the disks are conneted in the six pack and the
six pack is connected to the SCSI controller.
Next you wont be able to see the disks in the SMS as the disks are I assume
18GB disks. These disks are'nt displayed in the SMS .
You also need to boot from AIX 433 CD "LCD4-0286-6" or later as the support
for the 80 series is only on that release. Earlier releases don't find these
disks. Thats it.

Cheers

Quote:> Hi there,

> I have two brand new F80 and I wanted to install AIX 4.3.3 ML 6, but the
> system tells me, there are no disks available.

> If I open the mashine, I see a nice Hotplug-harddrive (original IBM -
> comming with the mashine).

> Any Ideas appreciated (I think I miss a simle thing, but I'm too blind to
> see)

> kannix

1. Installation of AIX 4.2.1 on a F80

Has anyone tried to install AIX 4.2.1 on a F80 yet ?
If so please let me know how.

In the specs it says that the system won't boot from a CD
with a AIX version lower then 4.3.3

Tnx
Chiel

2. Forward *@domain.com to a specific email?

3. F80 and caching HD adapters?

4. slackware 3.6 plus D-link dfe530tx

5. PCI-Bus V2.0 card in F80

6. Passwords

7. cfgmgr for #6228 on F80

8. Solaris 2.6 setsockopt SO_RCVLOWAT SO_SNDLOWAT

9. Hardware Flow on F80?

10. etherchannel on an F80

11. F80 Boot problem, PLEASE HELP!

12. Console on 620-6F1 (F80)