POP3 server

Post by Jerald H. Mathew » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

: I wish to set up the pop3 server but i cannot find the entry in the
: inetd.conf file to un comment it ( i have been told this is what to do to
: start the server). Please help me

What version of AIX are you running? You need at least AIX 4.2 for
POP support - I think! - Maybe 4.1.5 but not 3.2.5.

--
Regards,
Jerry M.

POP3 server

Post by Shawn Raymon » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

If you are on AIX 4.2 or 4.3 then you need to have the bos.net.tcp.server
package installed.  To check to see if you have this type:  lslpp -l
bos.net.tcp.server
I don't know about AIX 4.1
Hope this helps.

--
Shawn Raymond
Sr. Systems Programmer

>     Hi i have rs6000 53h 256 mb memory.

> I wish to set up the pop3 server but i cannot find the entry in the
> inetd.conf file to un comment it ( i have been told this is what to do to
> start the server). Please help me

1. Home POP3 server connect to ISP POP3 server

Hello,

I'm a newbie for Linux. I already have a masq network at home serving
internet masq and file sharing. I wanna to setup a home POP3/SMTP server
for our family members and I only got a dial-up connection to the ISP
with one single email address. Is it possible to setup several "home"
email addresses within my private network but still be able to send out
to the world through my single account in the ISP?

I have tried to look at some HOW-To and books but nothing mentions on
this directly...

Thanks in advance

Kelvin

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. redhat iso won't show as valid redhat cd

3. iptables pop3 clients connecting to ext pop3 servers

4. /// Booting problem after compliling

5. pop3 server with webinterface to manage pop3 accounts

6. different between pax and vdump

7. (newbie) pop3 mail client on pc attached via ethernet to linux pop3 server problems

8. emergency help for installing lilo

9. running smtp server and pop3 server on same machine ?

10. Needed: PH server, POP3 server

11. POP3 Server for SCO Open Server 3

12. Need help configuring pop3 server on RH 7.1 server with xinetd

13. Pop3 server dies when ldap server running