Moving disks between systems

Post by Rickard S?vrot » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

Does anyone know if its possible too move a system disk from a C10 with
3.2.5 to a F50
and if it will boot from that disk.

file://Rickard

Post by Erwin Burgstalle » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi!

> Does anyone know if its possible too move a system disk from a C10 with
> 3.2.5 to a F50
> and if it will boot from that disk.

> file://Rickard

Definitly not. F50 has an architecture not supported by 3.2.5

Erwin

1. Moving disks from a non-PCI system to a PCI system

I am trying to move a disk from a system installed on a non-PCI based
motherboard to another system that does use PCI.

My video is therefore now PCI based (Masch64)

When I try to do a mkdev graphics, it comes back to say:
/usr/lib/vidconf/scripts/pciinfo: Unable to open /dev/pci
/usr/lib/vidconf/scripts/pciinfo: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/vidconf/scripts/pciinfo: This computer does not have a PCI Bus

So I noticed that the file "pciinfo: was missing, so I got that off
of another PCI based system.  But I'm still missing /dev/pci and that sort
of stuff.  I know I can add to mdevice and sdevice etc.

But there must be an easier way???
Of course there isn't such a thing as "mkdev pci"

This is OS5 with rs500d, net100, AHS 5.2 installed.

My ultimate goal is to get the mach64 PCI driver configured which
will hopefully get rid of the "mouse drippings" on my screen.

TIA

Fulko Hew,                           Voice:  905-333-6000  x 6010
Senior Engineering Designer,         Direct: 905-333-6010
Northrop Grumman-Canada, Ltd.        Fax:    905-333-6050

2. split a variable into 3

3. moving compelete system from disk A to B

4. RE : pthread and schduling policies

5. Moving a file system to a new disk

6. handle core-dump signal

7. Moving a complete system from one disk to another

8. Sending IPv6 HopByHop extension header with Router Alert

9. Moving system to new hard disk

10. Moving Disksuited disks onto a new system

11. hard disk move with system

12. How can I move the system hard disk from a Ultra machine to another Ultra machine?

13. How to move system disk ?