Running AIX 4.3 application on AIX 5.0

Post by Zam » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 23:17:24

Hello,

We have C++ application which makes call to another C library of
our's. Both are built using xlC/xlc compiler version 5.0 on AIX
version 4.3. The xlC.aix43.rte version on this machine is 5.0.2.0

When this program is run on the AIX machine running version 5.1, the
progarm goes straight and dumps core. The runtime binaries on this
machine are,
xlC.aix50.rte    version = 5.0.2.2
xlC.rte          version = 5.0.2.1

Can somebody please provide inputs?

Thanks in advance,

Zamu

1. Need help with executables compiled on AIX 4.3 but being run on AIX 3.2

Hi,
    We have recently upgraded from AIX 3.2 to AIX 4.3. We are trying to
compile Fortran executables on the AIX 4.3 machine (  Absoft FORTRAN for the
RS/6000 V3.2) which will run on AIX3.2 machines, but so far have run into
various problems.
Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Joseph Jeffery

2. Autolocking X in RedHat 5.2