AIX 4.3.3 and tftpboot

Post by -- Henk - » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:28:13

Hello,

Can anyone give me a suggestion for the following problem:
I've setup an AIX 4.3 machine and want to use tftpboot for an X-terminal
(NCD).
Everything looks fine, tftp demon is running, but the file can not be
located, allthough it exists in the /tftpboot directory. I've set for
testing purposes the privileges of this directory and it's contents to 777.

Also in the ftpaccess.ctl, the /tftpboot directory is added as "allow".
Anyone any hints, ideas ?
Thanks,
-- Henk --

AIX 4.3.3 and tftpboot

Post by Ben Kame » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:02:25

Yes! I have NCD xterms running from my AIX server.. it's rock and roll...

what NCD term are you using - what file is it looking for? it tries a
bunch of different names...

what program created your software in tftpboot? NCD comes with install
scripts to do that - just don't let them define your tftp server setup -
you have everything ok there...

make sure tftp is actually running or at least in /etc/inetd.conf

let me know - we can chat some more.

   -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - Fixer of Broken Things

AIX 4.3.3 and tftpboot

Post by -- Henk - » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:44:50

Hello Ben,

It uses the Xncd19c filename, but I have also copied the file to a file with
the name that matches the NCD's address, just in case ...
Before we upgraded to AIX 4.3 the NCD terminal worked fine, but after the
upgrade it looks like it cannot find the file anymore.

tftp is defined in the inetd.conf and when the NCD terminal boots up, tftp
sessions appear on the AIX machine, but somehow it does not load the file.
Any ideas ?

Regards,
-- Henk --