MWM Window Manager

Post by Bill Putne » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm using mwm on AIX and I'd like set up virtual desktops and a pager,
like what's available in fvwm and other window managers.  Does anybody
know what .Xdefaults or .mwmrc changes I have to make this possible?

Thanks,

-Bill P.

MWM Window Manager

Post by artu » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am not sure, but MWM does not support virtual desktops. Try to run CDE
or something like fvwm.

Artur

PS. MWM is getting dead, really...

> Hello,

> I'm using mwm on AIX and I'd like set up virtual desktops and a pager,
> like what's available in fvwm and other window managers.  Does anybody
> know what .Xdefaults or .mwmrc changes I have to make this possible?

> Thanks,

> -Bill P.

MWM Window Manager

Post by Bill Putn » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

: I am not sure, but MWM does not support virtual desktops. Try to run CDE
: or something like fvwm.

Thanks.  The only thing is, the machine in question is on an HACMP test
network, and CDE *really* doesn't like it when its ip/hostname changes.

: PS. MWM is getting dead, really...

Thanks again, but see above.  :)

-Bill

1. MWM Window Manager

Ok folks, I know someone here knows this...

I'm running RedHat 5.2, on an Pentium 90 system at home.  Anyhow, for
now, I'm using the 'Lesstif, or MWM' window manager that came bundled
with the distribution.  Supposedly, this is just a variation of Fvwm2.

Anyhow, I want to change some things on startup, but I can't figure out
which file to change.

Startx appears to pass a bunch of things on to RunWM.  Reading RunWM, I
can't find what the configuration (xinitrc) file the MWM manager uses.
I can find the fvwm and fvwm2 files in the /etc/X11/bin directory, but I
cannot find one for MWM anywhere.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Tim

2. Port Numbers

3. looking for mwm window manager for solaris 2.4

4. Frequently Rehashed Topics on comp.os.linux.advocacy V1.0p2

5. xdm with mwm window manager

6. PCI SCSI under Linux

7. How to replace TWM by MWM as the default window manager

8. Socket questions

9. How can I set mwm to the default Window Manager ??

10. For Motif Window Manager (MWM) For Linux X11

11. ELF Motiff Window Manager (mwm) problem

12. Motif Window Manager (mwm)

13. mwm Motif window manager for Linux ????? where ?