What TCP port is used for AIX printing to print server via spooler?

What TCP port is used for AIX printing to print server via spooler?

Post by Michael Sweede » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:31:25

I have an AIX v4 system with a remote location connected via a DSL
connection and a router. I want to map the appropriate port on the router to
a print server and configure a spooled printer to print to the router IP
address which would be forwarded to the printer. Can somebody tell me what
TCP port is used for TCP/IP printing to a print server or how to set it? Any
info or pointers to this info would be appreciated. I am heavily an SCO Unix
guy with some AIX experience setting up serial printers via SMIT, but I
would like info on configuring slave printers and network printers. Thanks!

Post by Jerry Lesl » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:46:44

: I have an AIX v4 system with a remote location connected via a DSL
: connection and a router. I want to map the appropriate port on the router
: to a print server and configure a spooled printer to print to the router
: IP address which would be forwarded to the printer. Can somebody tell me
: what TCP port is used for TCP/IP printing to a print server or how to set
: it? Any info or pointers to this info would be appreciated. I am heavily
: an SCO Unix guy with some AIX experience setting up serial printers via
: SMIT, but I would like info on configuring slave printers and network
: printers. Thanks!
:
:

It depends on the brand/model of the print server; e.g. HP Jet Direct
print servers use port 9100. This site was found via a google search
for "print servers" and "port":

     http://www.aplawrence.com/Jeffl/printports.html
     Print Server Port Numbers for Netcat

HTH,

--Jerry Leslie   (my opinions are strictly my own)

1. Newbie Q - Print from AIX via NT print server

I am new to AIX (though not to Unix).
I am trying to forward prints from AIX (4.3.2) to an NT print server.
I went through SMIT and set up a remote print queue.
It asks me if the remote server is AIX, BSD or System 5.
Do I need to load some additional drivers to get NT on the list, or is
there another method.

Thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. O'Reilly lex & yacc samples under Linux

3. Printing to HP Deskjet using TCP/IP printing on Win 2000 ?

4. SCTP listen() error with 2.4.26 kernel

5. Printing via print server

6. Web based apache setup

7. Direct print to a tcp/ip print server

8. Office XPensive

9. Printing jobs via a print server

10. Wit's end question -- files go to print spooler and are never printed

11. "cancel (print-job)" jams spooler from printing other docs???

12. Print via HP Jetdirect Print Server

13. output via the print spooler to a file