ibm 7011 model 220

Post by Yuriy Lozinsk » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 21:17:01

good day
i likely owner very old hardware - 7011 220,
but i have no docs about hardware configuration.
at last, i receive 290 code - io scsi error - winth various scsi
controllers and can't install aix on it.
also i have video card for 7011 220 without cable to motherboard like
68-pin scsi connector...

for shot - i need docs about 7011 220 hardvare, on ibm i found only
fragmental replicas about 7011

thank you

ibm 7011 model 220

Post by Uwe Aue » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 23:05:39

> good day
> i likely owner very old hardware - 7011 220,
> but i have no docs about hardware configuration.
> at last, i receive 290 code - io scsi error - winth various scsi
> controllers and can't install aix on it.
> also i have video card for 7011 220 without cable to motherboard like
> 68-pin scsi connector...

> for shot - i need docs about 7011 220 hardvare, on ibm i found only
> fragmental replicas about 7011

> thank you

Hi,

check this one:

http://www1.ibmlink.ibm.com/cgi-bin/master?request=oihomepage_mod&par...

HTH
Uwe Auer

ibm 7011 model 220

Post by Gereon Wenze » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 23:38:55

Hi Yuriy,
Why do you use a SCSI controller?
My 220 has onboard SCSI.
If you can't connect the video due to the special IBM Plug solution,
(original is a small board with two plugs to connect the video)
you can use a serial terminal on one the com ports.
Hardware configuration is done with the key switch in service position.
The machine boots to diagnostics then.
Without the HDD you will have to use floppies
http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena/astaff/project/bootkit/rsaix/
is where you can find some images.
Feel free to ask for more details,
I have a 220 running myself and the full set of manuals availiable.

Gereon W.

Yuriy Lozinsky schrieb:

Quote:

> good day
> i likely owner very old hardware - 7011 220,
> but i have no docs about hardware configuration.
> at last, i receive 290 code - io scsi error - winth various scsi
> controllers and can't install aix on it.
> also i have video card for 7011 220 without cable to motherboard like
> 68-pin scsi connector...

> for shot - i need docs about 7011 220 hardvare, on ibm i found only
> fragmental replicas about 7011

> thank you

ibm 7011 model 220

Post by Yuriy Lozinsk » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 00:56:00

thank you for links
by the way, i installed aix on 220 after remove cmos battary - 290 code
is not  appear now...

1. Installing 43x onto IBM 7011 ( 220 ) model server

Hi,
     I am trying to upgrade from AIX 42x to AIX 43x on a pizza box 220.  I am
booting off the CD in maintenance mode.  The install reads my boot cd and then
I get C31 on the display.  I have a Power GT1 graphics adapter and have a
feeling that it is not seeing my display adapter.  Anyone know if the 220 is
supported by IBM for AIX 43x?  I looked over their support site but found
nothing yet.  I suppose I could use the serial port for a console, but I would
rather use the graphics port if possible.  TIA,

Bryant

2. Setting up Motorola PNP 28.8 Modem in Linux

3. AIX wanted for IBM RS6000 (model 7011-220)

4. lm-sensors, some progress

5. Help: POWERserver 220 model 7011

6. ndd -set /dev/ip ip_forwarding question!

7. RS/6000 Model 220 7011, Video and Manuals

8. what do i do??

9. What is a Model 7011 PowerStation 220?

10. B/FS: 7011-220 FS in Germany

11. AIX 4.3.2 on a 7011-220: missing fileset devices.sys.sga

12. CD-ROM for a 7011-220

13. 7011-220 documentation