MAC-Adress

Post by Ulrich Jankrif » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello !
How can I get the MAC-Adress of my interface en0 ?
(Without arp -a from another mashine)

many thanks

Ulrich Jankrift

MAC-Adress

Post by Michael Schweis » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hello !
> How can I get the MAC-Adress of my interface en0 ?

Hello Ulrich,

use lscfg -vl ent0. Works for me.

Hth
Michael

--
Michael Schweiss  BRAIN FORCE (http://www.brainforce.com)
Lido GmbH Lufthansa Aeronautical Services FRA OD/O

MAC-Adress

Post by Paul Landa » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I use the commands:
    lsattr -E -l ent0
        and look for the alt_addr and use_alt_addr fields
        if these fields are not set you are using the 'burned-in'
        address of the adapter.  You can find the burned-in
        address with the command:
    lscfg -v -l ent0

The two commands above will work whether you are actually
on the tcp/ip network or not.  This command:
    netstat -v
will also provide the address, but you have to be on the network.

> Hello !
> How can I get the MAC-Adress of my interface en0 ?
> (Without arp -a from another mashine)

> many thanks

> Ulrich Jankrift

MAC-Adress

Post by Denny Hardia » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Try : lscfg -vl ent0

HTH,
Denny

> Hello !
> How can I get the MAC-Adress of my interface en0 ?
> (Without arp -a from another mashine)

> many thanks

> Ulrich Jankrift

MAC-Adress

Post by David Ry » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hello !
> How can I get the MAC-Adress of my interface en0 ?
> (Without arp -a from another mashine)

> many thanks

> Ulrich Jankrift

or how about

netstat -in

MAC-Adress

Post by Hartwig Bol » Sun, 11 Jul 1999 04:00:00

How about

lscfg -l ent0 -v

Hartwig

On Thu, 08 Jul 1999 21:46:19 +0100, David Rye

>> Hello !
>> How can I get the MAC-Adress of my interface en0 ?
>> (Without arp -a from another mashine)

>> many thanks

>> Ulrich Jankrift
>or how about

>netstat -in

MAC-Adress

Post by Ulrich Jankrif » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

thank you very much:
i decided to use:
netstat -v en0|grep "Hardware Adress"|awk '{print $3 }'|sed -e "s/://g"

Ulrich Jankrift schrieb:

Quote:> Hello !
> How can I get the MAC-Adress of my interface en0 ?
> (Without arp -a from another mashine)

> many thanks

> Ulrich Jankrift

1. Prevent access to linux server when mac adress does not match ip adress

Hello,

i am running a red hat 6.2 server which is used for internet ip traffic
measurement.
All clients connected to this server get a ip adress through dhcp. To be
sure that every client keeps getting the smake ip adress when it connects
the dhcp server gives ip adresses to the client pc's based on their mac
adress.  This works fine as long as the clients are not changing their ip
adress manualy.

Is there a way to prevent access to the linux server when the ip adress of a
certain client does not match the mac adress.

Thanks,

Kris Houben

2. boot on P60

3. IP-Spoofing / MAC-Adress Spoofing / arp requests

4. D-Link's DFM 560E modem on linux 7.1

5. troubles with the MAC-adress on solaris7 x86

6. Dell Poweredge 2600 SMP

7. MAC Adress

8. INIT: ID "x" respawning too fast??????

9. How to get the Ethernet (mac) adress?

10. Ethernet mac adress

11. How can I alocate a hostname based on MAC adress and DHCP?

12. mac adress

13. MAC adress question