Printing via IBM AIX to a Vt320 attached printer,thats connected via a Cisco 2512

Post by Manuel Mora » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>Hello out there !
>I have a customer who runs IBM Risc AIX 4.?? , and he wants to print
>to some terminal (Wyse Vt320 compatible) attached printers.
>Can that be done ??
>If yes !
>Then here comes the tricky part (i'm afraid).
>He is going to connect the Wyse terminals via a Cisco 2512 Access
>server
>and he still wants to be able to print to the terminal attached
>printer.
>The setup is like this :
>The Wyse is connected via the serial interface to one of the Cisco
>2512
>ports , and the cisco is then connected to the Risc via TCP/IP
>and a tokenring card.
>The Risc thinks it's talking to a telnet attached Vt320 emulator.
>Has anyone printed to a Vt320 priner like this ????
>Regards
>Carsten
>/////////////////////////////////////////////////
>/   Carsten Foss
>/   Danisco A/S
>/   Denmark
>/   Phone  : +45 32662652

>/////////////////////////////////////////////////

It's the VT220 terminal that controls where the output goes.
Just send the correct escapes to change the output port,
it does not matter the actual path as long it does NOT change
the stream (i.e. cut the 8th bit...)

Printing via IBM AIX to a Vt320 attached printer,thats connected via a Cisco 2512

Post by the Wonder Hor » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>>I have a customer who runs IBM Risc AIX 4.?? , and he wants to print
>>to some terminal (Wyse Vt320 compatible) attached printers.
>It's the VT220 terminal that controls where the output goes.
>Just send the correct escapes to change the output port,
>it does not matter the actual path as long it does NOT change
>the stream (i.e. cut the 8th bit...)

and of course the print job must originate from the terminal where the
printer is attached.  The printer is a slave to that terminal and
cannot be accessed from other terminals on the system.

Dave

1. Printing via Win 98 to Linux attached printer

Hi,
I have successfully set up samba for filesharing and my linux attached
Epson 500 printer.
From Win98 I can see the printer in Network Neighborhood and installed
the driver for it as requested by Win98.
When I try to print to it, the driver screen appears and the says
something like 'Not online' or 'Not ready' - basically sticks a large X
over the driver dialog and won't print.
From the Linux box I can print locally no problem.
When ever i attempt a print from Win98 I a sure I get a spool file
appear on Linux.
I have also tried to boot the linux box to Win98 (dual boot) an share
the printer, but the same thing happens.
Can anyone suggest where I could start looking to solve this?
Many thanks!
Tony C

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. IPSec through a DSL modem

3. Connect via LAN vs. Connect via modem headache

4. Can't stop autodialing !

5. printing to a printer connected via Ethernet

6. via686a modem and kernel-2.4.27

7. Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

8. why isn't libg++ shared?

9. Connecting to Cisco Router via serial connection

10. Poor ftp performance between FreeBSD machines connected via Cisco Switch

11. What TCP port is used for AIX printing to print server via spooler?

12. Newbie Q - Print from AIX via NT print server