openssh and no random device

Post by dinoher.. » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Trying to compile openssh-1.2.1pre27 but configure dies.
error: No random device found and no EGD random pool specified.

Is there a way around this or does anyone know where I can get a
'Entropy Gathering Daemon'? There is no /dev/urandom in /dev or
random anything.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

openssh and no random device

Post by Juli » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Trying to compile openssh-1.2.1pre27 but configure dies.
> error: No random device found and no EGD random pool specified.

> Is there a way around this or does anyone know where I can get a
> 'Entropy Gathering Daemon'? There is no /dev/urandom in /dev or
> random anything.

Call and complain to IBM.  We've been trying to find other
customers who also want this ...

-- Julie.

Post by Miklos Mereny » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Trying to compile openssh-1.2.1pre27 but configure dies.
> error: No random device found and no EGD random pool specified.

> Is there a way around this or does anyone know where I can get a
> 'Entropy Gathering Daemon'? There is no /dev/urandom in /dev or
> random anything.

You can get it from ftp://ftp.lothar.com/linux/egd-0.6.tar.gz
compile it (perl also needed), end run it (f.e: egd.pl
/usr/local/random)
then configure openssh with --with-egd-pool=/usr/local/random
Quote:

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

openssh and no random device

Post by Miklos Mereny » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> > Trying to compile openssh-1.2.1pre27 but configure dies.
> > error: No random device found and no EGD random pool specified.

By the way, I recommend the new openssh-1.2.3, i haven,t managed to
compile the previous versions with gcc

1. Seeds for random nos.

I want to generate independant streams of random nos having
a uniform distribution, using the provided functions. For
the same I need seeds. These can be for eg, nos produced in
the sequence, which ar quite apart from each other, say 5000.
If anyone has done or read something connected with this, do
send me the referances, preferably by email.
Thanx in advance.

Room # 149,        |  "A man who smiles in the face of
Hostel # 5,        |   trouble has found someone to blame
IIT Bombay.        |   it on!"

2. Date bug: The resolution

3. OpenSSH 3.5p1, OpenSSL0.9.7 and builtin random number collector

4. Cutting down size of wtmp?

5. openssh slow /dev/random ?

6. Konqueror and SSL

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. non-standard characters cut

9. Upgrade OpenSSH 2.9p2 to OpenSSH-4.2p1 on Solaris 8 for SPARC

10. [RFC] Allow net devices to contribute to /dev/random

11. random device

12. Random Number generator not Random *****

13. Hooks for random device entropy generation missing in cpqarray.c