File corruption accessing files on a large-file-enabled fs using RM-Cobol

File corruption accessing files on a large-file-enabled fs using RM-Cobol

Post by Stephen Wyl » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:35:02

RM-Cobol is constantly reporting status 9838s (corrupt index) on files
contained in large-file enabled filesystem. Only one of the files is
actually > 2GB but we are getting status 98s on all the files.

It may have something to do with a dud free-list as file contents seem
to be getting corrupted with bits of other files.

defragfs and fsck are being run regularly to no avail.

Any ideas ?

File corruption accessing files on a large-file-enabled fs using RM-Cobol

Post by Simon Marches » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 02:38:53

I have seen something like this with Microfocus Cobol - are they the same
thing? We investigated a lot of possible causes but the problem hasn't
recurred. Can you detail the hardware and software environment? All the
way down to the disks?