Howto exit smit

Post by Nicolas Dolbe » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:20:18

Hi, i'm using Smit on a AIX 4.3 and when i'm trying to exit, nothing
works(F10, Esc, F3). I'm using Tera Term Emulator (Terminal ID : vt320,
Answerback:vt220)

Tank you

Howto exit smit

Post by Martin Etteldor » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:40:30

> Hi, i'm using Smit on a AIX 4.3 and when i'm trying to exit, nothing
> works(F10, Esc, F3). I'm using Tera Term Emulator (Terminal ID : vt320,
> Answerback:vt220)

If the Function Keys won't work try <esc><number>, for example esc-1 for F1,
esc-3 for F3 or esc-0 for F10...

                Martin.

--
BOFH excuse of the day:
  permission denied

Howto exit smit

Post by trbak.. » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:28:55

>> Hi, i'm using Smit on a AIX 4.3 and when i'm trying to exit, nothing
>> works(F10, Esc, F3). I'm using Tera Term Emulator (Terminal ID : vt320,
>> Answerback:vt220)

>If the Function Keys won't work try <esc><number>, for example esc-1 for F1,
>esc-3 for F3 or esc-0 for F10...

>            Martin.

>--
>BOFH excuse of the day:
>  permission denied

<ctrl c> would do the job

Howto exit smit

Post by James Denni » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:53:33

I would recommend using vt100 emulation instead of vt320, unless there are
compelling reasons you can't do that.  I also use Tera Term Pro, and I can
use Esc-3 to cancel, Esc-0 to exit, Esc-4 for popups, etc.  All the function
key functions are done by using Esc plus the number, as Martin mentioned.

James A. (Jamie) Dennis

Certified AIX Systems Administrator
Certified Solaris Systems Administrator
Certified Looney

> >> Hi, i'm using Smit on a AIX 4.3 and when i'm trying to exit, nothing
> >> works(F10, Esc, F3). I'm using Tera Term Emulator (Terminal ID : vt320,
> >> Answerback:vt220)

> >If the Function Keys won't work try <esc><number>, for example esc-1 for
F1,
> >esc-3 for F3 or esc-0 for F10...

> > Martin.

> >--
> >BOFH excuse of the day:
> >  permission denied

> <ctrl c> would do the job

Howto exit smit

Post by Norman Levi » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:05:31

| Hi, i'm using Smit on a AIX 4.3 and when i'm trying to exit, nothing
| works(F10, Esc, F3). I'm using Tera Term Emulator (Terminal ID : vt320,
| Answerback:vt220)
|
| Tank you

Sounds like F keys not getting passed thru.  Try Esc+1 for F1, esc+2 for F2
and esc+0 for F10.  Works on all terminals.
Norm

Howto exit smit

Post by Bigi Brad » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:40:16

Maybe you just have to edit the keyboard file on your terminal emulator prog
so the function keys got working. This is a * job usually if you don't
have that much time and expierience otherwise try an other emulator.

I'v been using netterm 4.2.8 or something quite some time and it natively
supports the F-keys within a vt220 emulation on AIX. Make sure your
$TERM is also set to vt220.

Marc

> I would recommend using vt100 emulation instead of vt320, unless there are
> compelling reasons you can't do that.  I also use Tera Term Pro, and I can
> use Esc-3 to cancel, Esc-0 to exit, Esc-4 for popups, etc.  All the
function
> key functions are done by using Esc plus the number, as Martin mentioned.

> --
> James A. (Jamie) Dennis

> Certified AIX Systems Administrator
> Certified Solaris Systems Administrator
> Certified Looney

vt320,

> > >If the Function Keys won't work try <esc><number>, for example esc-1
for
> F1,
> > >esc-3 for F3 or esc-0 for F10...

> > > Martin.

> > >--
> > >BOFH excuse of the day:
> > >  permission denied

> > <ctrl c> would do the job

1. howto make pppd exit when remote *ppp* exit(0)

Does anyone know how to configure a pppd so that it will
exit(0) when a remote *ppp* connection exits?

We have tried with lcp-echo-requests, et. al. but when a
remote user (eg. Trumpet) connects he/she will not be able
to initiate any work instructions before the local pppd
determines that the remote is idle - and therefore it
exits?

What are we missing/not doing?

ALCO Company
AAbrinken 28
7700  Thisted
Internet udbyder i nordvest jylland.
www: http://www.alco.dk

2. display depth

3. smit backfile and smit backfilesys question

4. ide-cd and kernel mod loader

5. Pb with smit chgaio and smit chgsys

6. Is this 4 real?

7. smit.log and smit.script files

8. Sparc20 stalling: ring buffer overflow

9. HOWTO: obtain the exit status of a background process?

10. howto set variable in shell script for exit status?

11. howto exit the xterm ?

12. Exit status in trapped exit function

13. ksh: trap '...' exit int ... or just trap '...' exit?