Mounting CDROM cut in Windows

Post by luvdov » Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Dear all,

I'm trying to mount a CDROM cut using a MS Windows CDR
program.  When I mount the cdrom on AIX, I see the DOS ~
for long filenames.  I also cannot do cp of files to the
local fs.  I remember in HP-UX, there's something call
pfs_mount that could help.  Is there a special command or
option that allows the longfilenames to be read and perform
things like cp, tar etc...?

Please help ...

bernie

Mounting CDROM cut in Windows

Post by Carlit » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Maybe you need to put an "\" char before the "~" char in the name of your files when you want to cp, tar etc ...

Best regards

Carl.

Quote:>Dear all,

Post by Alberto Varesi » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Dear all,

> I'm trying to mount a CDROM cut using a MS Windows CDR
> program.  When I mount the cdrom on AIX, I see the DOS ~
> for long filenames.  I also cannot do cp of files to the
> local fs.  I remember in HP-UX, there's something call
> pfs_mount that could help.  Is there a special command or
> option that allows the longfilenames to be read and perform
> things like cp, tar etc...?

> Please help ...

> bernie

I don't think so, you shoud burn your CDs using RockRidge filesystem extension,
which is the one used on many Unix, opposed to the Joliet extension used on M$.
Both are ISO9660 filesystem extensions and both may coexist on same CD.
You have to find a good CD mastering program, able to put both on CD.
Bye

--
 Alberto Varesio - AIX Support Professional           Phone: +39-011-41581-11

 10195 Grugliasco (TO) ITALY                http://www.linuxfan.com/~avaresio
 Attachment smime.p7s is a digital signature, skip it if mailer can't use it.

Mounting CDROM cut in Windows

Post by Benjamin Gawer » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I don't think so, you shoud burn your CDs using RockRidge filesystem
extension,
> which is the one used on many Unix, opposed to the Joliet extension used
on M$.
> Both are ISO9660 filesystem extensions and both may coexist on same CD.
> You have to find a good CD mastering program, able to put both on CD.

Theres even a better way: using Romeo. This is a long name file System that
can be read from Windows9x, WindowsNT (even with NT 3.51 which doesnt know
Joliet), MacOS, IRIX, Solaris, and AIX.

I use Easy CD Pro 95 Ver 2.11 on my Windows-Box to burn CDs for AIX...

Benjamin

1. mount error: mount only root can mount /dev/cdrom on cdrom

"That should do it.  I hope this was not to long an explaination, but
"I want you to have a fell for what you are doing before doing it.

"Now as to why...
"Most multitasking multiuser Operation system do not let users
"access the mount command.  Linux makes it possible for users
"to use the command, but doesn't give the privilage to automatically.
"Root has to set the priv on a per device basis.

   ... oh wow.  that was great.  thanks ...

"it's not what you see ,
 but in stead notice."

http://www.aniota.com/~twhite

2. compile times and cpu speed?

3. How to install package??

4. mount /mnt/cdrom ==> mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/cdrom as a block device

5. Help W/ libc-4.6.27 Install

6. Short Cut like Windows 98 Shortcut and Window Explorer

7. mitsumi quad speed ide cdrom. HELP!

8. mount cdrom, floppy, and windows as user???

9. Linux Fails to mount my multisession CDROM, yet windows can, Why!?!

10. HELP: problem mounting a windows cdrom on UNIX

11. Linux cannot mount my MULTISESSION CDROM, WINDOW CAN!! ????

12. Suddenly can't mount my CDROM in Suse linux or Windows 2000