stty error message when printing from Progress

stty error message when printing from Progress

Post by Bill Dix » Sun, 14 Jun 1992 00:02:43

Environment:  IBM RS/6000
              AIX 3.1.6.8
              Progress 4GL/RDBMS v 6.2D
              Datability Vista terminal server (ethernet attached)
              IBM 5081 model 16 (my terminal / console)
              Wyse 60 terminals (connected through the terminal server)

Sample Code:  output to printer.
              display "anything".
              output close.

From my terminal and exactly 1 of the 15 Wyse 60's, the above code
generates the following message (along with the proper printout):

stty: TXGETLD: A specified file does not support the ioctl system call.

It does not seem to be causing a problem, other than messing up the
screen, but it is very irritating.

Progress, Datability and IBM all say that they don't know what is causing
it or how to get rid of it.

Does anybody know what I need to do to get rid of this error message?
--
Bill Dixon

White Aluminum Products, Leesburg, FL