Can I get a list of APARs?

Post by J Eric Townse » Sun, 30 Jun 1991 11:21:44

Sun publishes a regular list of bug fixes.  Does IBM have
a similar service?

--

Systems Wrangler, University of Houston Department of Mathematics
Skate UNIX! (curb fault: skater dumped)

Can I get a list of APARs?

Post by Lenny Tropia » Mon, 01 Jul 1991 07:22:37

|>Sun publishes a regular list of bug fixes.  Does IBM have
|>a similar service?

A list can be provided per LPP, when you receive the PTF tape.   Use
the "updatep command" with the following syntax (I'm not in front of
my RS/6000 now, so if the syntax isn't perfect, forgive me ...)

# updatep -A -d/dev/rmt0 bos.obj

The -A gives a list of APARs included on this tape.  The descriptions
aren't very verbose, but do give a one-line description of the apar
included.

-L.
--

| ...!{ames,cs.utexas.edu,pacbell}!icus!lenny           attmail!icus!lenny  |
+---------------- 14300 Tandem Blvd #222, Austin, TX 78728 -----------------+

1. How to list PTFs installed using APAR number

Oh great and wonderful and all-seeing all-knowing comp.unix.aix
newsgroup:

Given an APAR number (those puzzling numbers with an 'IX' prefix such as
IX71948), how do I find out whether or not it's installed on an AIX 4.X
system?

Can ya tell me? Can ya tell me? Huh? Huh? Can ya? Can ya?

Many thanks in advance oh great and wonderfull all-seeing, all-knowing
comp.unix.aix newsgroup:

Franco Lucando
One-o-them-cimpyooter-doods
Dreamworks SKG

2. [FBDEV]: rivafb fixes

3. List of AIX 3.2 PTFs and APAR abstracts - 93/03/12

4. in-depth documentation for dlopen()?

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. INN: Can't connect to "localhost"

7. Script Collections?

8. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

9. CGI: apache canned response

10. For those of you tired of canned distributions...

11. Canned "ping"

12. Any Canned Class code?