dmesg?

Post by Jinghua Tan » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am new to the AIX. I am wondering if
the AIX has the "dmesg" to tell the system
info. I couldn't find out the cpu info on a
old machine. Thanks!

  Jinghua

dmesg?

Post by Jon Willi » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I am new to the AIX. I am wondering if
> the AIX has the "dmesg" to tell the system
> info. I couldn't find out the cpu info on a
> old machine. Thanks!

>   Jinghua

I think the closest thing to dmesg is `alog -tboot`

--
He who sneezes without a handkerchief takes matters into his own hands.

dmesg?

Post by Norman Levi » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Message created at boot up time can be seen with"
alog -o -t boot
--
Norman Levin
vm/dynAmIX inc.

dmesg?

Post by Kevin R. Ge » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Look into the man pages for commands like lscfg, lsattr, and lsdev, if
you want to find out information about specific devices.

Kevin

> > I am new to the AIX. I am wondering if
> > the AIX has the "dmesg" to tell the system
> > info. I couldn't find out the cpu info on a
> > old machine. Thanks!

> >   Jinghua

> I think the closest thing to dmesg is `alog -tboot`

> --
> He who sneezes without a handkerchief takes matters into his own
hands.

--
Kevin R. Gee
MS Student, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

dmesg?

Post by Dave Fel » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

try lsdev -C

-Dave