Installing man-pages?

Post by Brian Anderse » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:47:41

Hi.

I've got a small problem. I'm instaling AIX 4.3.3 but no manpages was
installed with the basic installation. I've tried to locat the
manpage-package on the CD's but no luck.

Could some kind soul help me with this one (and yes, I'm new om this OS :-)

Best Regards
Brian

Installing man-pages?

Post by Arne Soda » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:09:09

Install bos.html.en_US.cm*  from Base Documentation CD.
Arne Sodal

> Hi.

> I've got a small problem. I'm instaling AIX 4.3.3 but no manpages was
> installed with the basic installation. I've tried to locat the
> manpage-package on the CD's but no luck.

> Could some kind soul help me with this one (and yes, I'm new om this OS :-)

> Best Regards
> Brian

Installing man-pages?

Post by Arne Soda » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:09:32

Install bos.html.en_US.cm*  from Base Documentation CD.
Arne Sodal

> Hi.

> I've got a small problem. I'm instaling AIX 4.3.3 but no manpages was
> installed with the basic installation. I've tried to locat the
> manpage-package on the CD's but no luck.

> Could some kind soul help me with this one (and yes, I'm new om this OS :-)

> Best Regards
> Brian

Installing man-pages?

Post by Randy Ellingto » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 03:56:45

Brian, you will need the following CD's to get the man pages on your AIX
4.3.3 system:

AIX 4.3.3 installation CD's ( 4 CD's)
AIX Base Documentation CD ( 1 CD )

Next, use the first CD of the AIX installation CD's and make sure the
following fileset is installed:
bos.html.en_US.topnav.navigate

Then, use the Base Doc. CD and install the following:
bos.html.en_US.nav
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds1
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds2
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds3
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds4
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds5
bos.html.en_US.cmds.cmds6

This will get your man pages up and running.

Randy Ellington

> Hi.

> I've got a small problem. I'm instaling AIX 4.3.3 but no manpages was
> installed with the basic installation. I've tried to locat the
> manpage-package on the CD's but no luck.

> Could some kind soul help me with this one (and yes, I'm new om this OS :-)

> Best Regards
> Brian

Ellington Consulting, Inc.        |                (573)659-5006

Installing man-pages?

Post by Norman Levi » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:24:23

You should have two cds - basic documentation and extended documentation.
Type "install_assist" at your graphic terminal.  It will step you thru installation
of online docs.

--
Norman Levin

greatest power, the village idiot will come forth to be acclaimed the
leader.'"

1. how to install man-pages (newbie)

*** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeeds.com ***

I installed freebsd 4.0 two days ago and just can't do a think couse i
forgot to install the man pages.
I chose minimal install couse my hd is very smal.
could someone tell me how to install them now?
thx a lot

-----==  Over 90,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

2. Access Logs: Weekly Stats?

3. Installing man pages

4. UPS with serial port

5. Emacs can't find newly installed man page

6. 2.0.32 or patches to 2.0.31: When?

7. Installing Man pages

8. HELP!!! XTerminals vs. Linux

9. Q: How to install *man* pages only

10. How to install Man page on solaris

11. How to install man page or info in 4.3.2

12. How to install man page for linux?

13. installing man pages