Need help with getting kernel table info

Need help with getting kernel table info

Post by greg_n.. » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

What I want to do is pull kernel table info from the system - much the
same as AIX's 'pstat' program does....it is a sort of non-interactive
'crash' program that prints the inode table, process table, streams
table, etc. of a running system.

Alpha OSF 4 only uses kdbx, which I don't really need - just a dump of
the tables is sufficient.  I've looked in /usr/include/sys on these
systems and its quite complicated and nothing seemed to jump out at me
as obvious structures that I need.

Any hints would be great - if anyone is familiar with OSF4, or any leads
as to where I could find source to a program similar to AIX's 'pstat'
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

greg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Need help with getting kernel info

Hello.  I originally posted this to the OSF unix group because it
specifically pertains to OSF 4.  Didn't get any bites though.

What I want to do is pull kernel table info from the system - much the
same as AIX's 'pstat' program does....it is a sort of non-interactive
'crash' program that prints the inode table, process table, streams
table, etc. of a running system.

Alpha OSF 4 only uses kdbx, which I don't really need - just a dump of
the tables is sufficient.  I've looked in /usr/include/sys on these
systems and its quite complicated and nothing seemed to jump out at me
as obvious structures that I need.

Any hints would be great - if anyone is familiar with OSF4, or any leads
as to where I could find source to a program similar to AIX's 'pstat'
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

greg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How to ensure ssh is working properly ?

3. routing table enties getting stuck. Help needed

4. Help!! Setting up OpenWindows as an Xwindows Server

5. Help needed in getting info about ISDN cards for writing device driver

6. On Board Video?? Help!

7. need help getting command info for a process

8. sendmail on solaris 10 broken?

9. Need help getting monitor info

10. Help getting info out of kernel memory

11. Need help getting connected, bootp help needed

12. help -- need to get info about how to get info from object files.

13. Need Kernel 4.3 Kernel Info.