ibm3151 emulation on windows

Post by Cyra » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I need to replace a dos system, running software 3151
emulation, with windows98.  The emulator does not work
properly in win98 dos mode.

I'm looking for a good ibm3151 emulator program for
windows.  Preferably from a 'name' company that
will give management that warm fuzzy feeling.  But
if choice is slim, anything will do.

All input = much appreciated.

ibm3151 emulation on windows

Try Wintegrate from Ardent.

Post by Jerald H. Mathew » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

: I need to replace a dos system, running software 3151
: emulation, with windows98.  The emulator does not work
: properly in win98 dos mode.

: I'm looking for a good ibm3151 emulator program for
: windows.  Preferably from a 'name' company that
: will give management that warm fuzzy feeling.  But
: if choice is slim, anything will do.

: All input = much appreciated.

Blue Emulation makes an excellent product, BluVista that emulates
the IBM 3151 perfectly and it is reasonably priced.

Blue Emulations
618 Arvern Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
USA
407-831-6118
http://www.blueemulations.com

--
Regards,
Jerry M.

ibm3151 emulation on windows

Post by Norman Levi » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Esker makes and emulator (Tun).
I use one called "NetTerm"

--
Norman Levin
vm/dynAmIX inc.

ibm3151 emulation on windows

Post by Bob Mariot » Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:00:00

We have had excellent success with Esker TUN emulation which does a
good 3151.  However, you might want to look at www.gowinfast.com which
is a WINDOWS front end w/3151 emulation.  Works serially and/or
networked and it is FANTASTIC.

Good luck.

Post by jack » Mon, 11 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> : I need to replace a dos system, running software 3151
> : emulation, with windows98.  The emulator does not work
> : properly in win98 dos mode.

> : I'm looking for a good ibm3151 emulator program for
> : windows.  Preferably from a 'name' company that
> : will give management that warm fuzzy feeling.  But
> : if choice is slim, anything will do.

> : All input = much appreciated.

> Blue Emulation makes an excellent product, BluVista that emulates
> the IBM 3151 perfectly and it is reasonably priced.

> Blue Emulations
> 618 Arvern Drive
> Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
> USA
> 407-831-6118
> http://www.blueemulations.com

> --
> Regards,
> Jerry M.
> Seen on a Tee Shirt, "Never GREP a YACC by the INODE".

I agree, would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Bluvista. Lots of nifty things in there
to boot. Works commport or ether net.

ibm3151 emulation on windows

Post by Hom » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

You can try Netterm as well, did the job for me. Can be used as shareware
with only a nag screen. Good for trying anyway.

--
Chris Snyders

| I need to replace a dos system, running software 3151
| emulation, with windows98.  The emulator does not work
| properly in win98 dos mode.
|
| I'm looking for a good ibm3151 emulator program for
| windows.  Preferably from a 'name' company that
| will give management that warm fuzzy feeling.  But
| if choice is slim, anything will do.
|
| All input = much appreciated.

1. ibm3151 terminal emulation

I'm a newbie (thought I'd get that out of the way) who's running RedHat
4.1, XFree86, and fvwm95-2.  I have a need to telnet to a RS/6000/AIX
box that's not running X at all but has an application that's very happy
with IBM 3151 terminals.  I was wondering if anybody out there knows how
to do this.   According to "toe" on my box, I have a couple of terminfo
entries for these terminals.  With my limited knowledge of
termcap/terminfo stuff I assumed that that meant I could get Linux to
understand how to look like an IBM 3151.  Any help that anybody could
give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Carl

P.S.  Replies via email would be best since I rarely have an opportunity
to scan the newsgroup.

2. Help! how to use amd ?

3. IBM3151 Emulation (newbie question)

4. US Navy carrier to adopt Win2k infrastructure

5. ibm3151 Terminal Emulation

6. Urgent: Aborting advfs-verify safe ?

7. VT220 Emulation on IBM3151

8. Can't run 4.3.3 program on 4.1.5 system

9. Emulation ibm3151 on AIX 4.3.3 and 5.0 for a palm M505

10. X windows terminal emulation for Windows

11. windows emulation

12. Windows emulation in Linux.

13. Troubles with XDM and X terminal emulations under windows