AIXwindows on RS6K M 530H

Post by Ashu . Tiwa » Fri, 12 Feb 1993 03:45:45

Hello,
  I'm a relatively new sysadm for an (inherited) RS6K Model 530H
  running AIX 3.2.2.  My system has 192 MB RAM w/ 4 GB disk space.
  Most of our users are connected to the RISC via 10BaseT E-net
  running Clarkson U's telnet/telbin.  I've recently acquired
  a PC based X-server package from Xinetron (sp?, sorry, not at
  work at the moment).  It is apparently using the NCSA telnet/telbin
  (I think that's the same as the CU stuff).
  I've set up the X server to start via rsh / rexec / broadcast ;
  nothing seems to work.  I start "mwm" and "aixterm" (with appropriate
  DISPLAY set) on the RISC and only get errors that they require / can
  not find an hft / X Server (respectively).  Can anyone help me on this?
  On a related note, how can I tell what version of AIXwindows is installed
  on my system?  Is there an analogy to "uname" or lslpp"?
Thanks.

1. RS6K Powerserver 530H Help

Hi all-

I just picked up a used 530H that was apparently still in operation as of 4
months ago. It's in great physical condition but the hard drive was removed.
After I replace it, I would like to use it to get some experience in setting
up and managing AIX.

What is the highest version of AIX this box will run?

Thanks.

2. FTP and SQUID

3. cdrom for model 530H, 7013

4. How to freeup memory ? Is this normal ?

5. Linux on a R/S-6000 (530H)?

6. MIDI with SB16/AWE32

7. problem restoring 4.1.4 mksysb from 370 to 530h

8. Where to get Linux FAQ?

9. AIX 4.2 on 530H

10. 530H hardware problem

11. Help turning a IBM power server 530H into an NT box <grin>

12. RS6000 530H memory expand

13. Upgrading 7013-530H.