7011-220 and CDROM 2nd Try

7011-220 and CDROM 2nd Try

Post by Christophe MAGNAN » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:17:29



Hello

I put the key in service mode, an install media of AIX (ver 4.1.5 or
4.3.3), turn on the best, there is access on the CDROM drive but I
always boot on diagnostic, no Install screen.

There is no gfx card on the machine, and I use an ascii Terminal on S0

is this mean my CDROM (a matsushita cr-504) is not working with this
model

Thank Again

 
 
 

7011-220 and CDROM 2nd Try

Post by Gereon Wenze » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:12:17


Christophe MAGNANI schrieb:

Quote:

> Hello

> I put the key in service mode, an install media of AIX (ver 4.1.5 or
> 4.3.3), turn on the best, there is access on the CDROM drive but I
> always boot on diagnostic, no Install screen.

> There is no gfx card on the machine, and I use an ascii Terminal on S0

> is this mean my CDROM (a matsushita cr-504) is not working with this
> model

If its boots diags from the HDD instaed from the CD it
looks like the machine doesn't like your CD-ROM?
Do you have another one to choose?
Did you check the Diags Mode Bootlist inside the diags routines?
CD have to be prior to HDD in the list of devices tried to boot.
Probably the machine never saw a CD-ROM befor and tries tape boot only?

Gereon W.

 
 
 

7011-220 and CDROM 2nd Try

Post by Christophe MAGNAN » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:42:11


On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:12:17 +0200, Gereon Wenzel


>Christophe MAGNANI schrieb:

>> Hello

>> I put the key in service mode, an install media of AIX (ver 4.1.5 or
>> 4.3.3), turn on the best, there is access on the CDROM drive but I
>> always boot on diagnostic, no Install screen.

>> There is no gfx card on the machine, and I use an ascii Terminal on S0

>> is this mean my CDROM (a matsushita cr-504) is not working with this
>> model

>If its boots diags from the HDD instaed from the CD it
>looks like the machine doesn't like your CD-ROM?

it's must be that :(
Quote:>Do you have another one to choose?

yes a nec multispin 4X but not work at all

Quote:>Did you check the Diags Mode Bootlist inside the diags routines?

yes and I put cd0 first and hd0 second

Quote:>CD have to be prior to HDD in the list of devices tried to boot.
>Probably the machine never saw a CD-ROM befor and tries tape boot only?

Is there a way to make a boot tape from the cdrom ?????

If any French People got a an IBM cdrom reader for sale (cheap) e-mail
me ....

Quote:>Gereon W.

Thanks for all

Tof