Q:using AIX as an Access Server for an Internet Service Provider?

Q:using AIX as an Access Server for an Internet Service Provider?

Post by Robert » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi All,

We are long time AIX users and developers and we'd like to
continue using AIX as our Access Server for remote users to connect
to our network.

Our configuration has a Compaq Microcom 6000 (the Remote Access
Concentrator) and (hopefully) our old friend AIX acting as an Access
Server.
The other possibilities are to use a Cisco product (Cisco 2511) or an NT
box.

Unfortunately we've not been able to find support for L2F or LT2F on
AIX.
These protocols are used from the Compaq Microcom 6000 to request user
validation to an Access Server when a remote users calls in,
establishing
a PPP tunnel to the server (they are in fact tunnelling protocols).

Questions:
a. is anybody using this already? Wants to share expirience?
b. has anybody knowledge on this configuration and eventually can direct
   me to the web page/site where I can find info on that?

If I've been unclear but you think you may be of help, please do not
hesitate to contact me. I'm a bit desperate, actually.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Roberto

tel. +39 0363 313811