Mail question

Post by Vitor Carlos Flausin » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Everyone on the world  can send a email thru mt machine (telnet <my
machine> 25). How can I make that, only users from my machine can make
telnet to my machine? I'm using AIX 4.3.2.

Thanks

-vcf

Mail question

Post by Luc de Lou » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Everyone on the world  can send a email thru mt machine (telnet <my
> machine> 25). How can I make that, only users from my machine can make
> telnet to my machine? I'm using AIX 4.3.2.

> Thanks

> -vcf

download http://www.bull.de/pub/aix432/sendmail-8.10.0.0.exe
chmod +x sendmail-8.10.0.0.exe
./sendmail-8.10.0.0.exe

smitty install_latest ....

and you never have te problem again...
sendmail <= 8.9.3 denies relaying by default,
if you want to enable relaying for specified
Ip's/domain,  hack /etc/mail/access

Hope this helps you, if not, send a mail

Have fun!

Rgds

Luc de Louw