1. X-Performance = Ram ?, report YOUR performance after upgrade.
I run a 486DX4-100mhz, 256kb cache, 8mb ram, 540 mb harddisk 13ms,
with linux...and I would really like to know _how_ strongly preformance
depends on the amount of ram...if it's really worth it to put money on lots
of ram ?
I think primarly on the performance in X-windows...
Or maybe it's better to buy a faster harddisk for those money ?
Please don't post things like "get 36 megs and you'll be happy",
that's not my point anyway...the question is when the increase in performance
is greatest at say an addition of 4 mb..and _how_ big difference it is...
so maybe we could get a neat list of reports for reference for different
machines...then anyone can judge for themselves wether it's worth the
money or not ?
Suppose I upgrade to 12mb, roughly how much faster will X go ?
..or if I uppgrade to 16 mb or 20mb ? is it like the difference
between 8 and 12 is significantly bigger than between 12 and 16 ?
...post what happened to your system!
All of you linux users who have upgraded your ram, you _can_ answer
these questions, please do !
Any reports are velcome, please post it either here or by email to me,
although I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in this...
Please specify your system in any post...
If there is any documents or faq's on this question, please forgive me
..and then maybe someone could give me hint were to find them ?
2. Wimbledon AIX -> Linux
3. X graphics performance vs. Windows performance
4. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME TODAY
5. Vax 11/780 performance vs Sun 4/280 performance
6. Shared Library on Solaris
7. performance tools for analyzing java performance
8. routing and netscape problem
9. Xfree Performance vs. Accelerated-X Performance
10. Ide performance (was RAID0 Performance problems)
11. X graphics performance vs. Windows performance
12. Fwd: [Lse-tech] Block IO write performance (ext2 data) WAS : Ext3 performance bottleneck as the number of spindles gets large
13. Samba vs NT, which gives best PCs / Server Performance?