rc.shutdown

Post by Chad Olso » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

We are implementing some procedures to shut down our database and other
applications.  My problem is that it does not appear to be executing when
the system is shutdown.  It resides in /etc and the permissions are set to
755.  Owner is "root" and group "system".  We are running v4.1.5.  Any
suggestions?  The script seems to be running fine on our F40  but not our
R40's.

Thank You in advance,

Chad

rc.shutdown

Post by H?kan Rissane » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

There was a bug in 4.1.5 so rc.shutdown was not executed, you probably have
the fix installed on one machine but not the other.
Sorry don't remeber APAR #
//H?kanen

> We are implementing some procedures to shut down our database and other
> applications.  My problem is that it does not appear to be executing when
> the system is shutdown.  It resides in /etc and the permissions are set to
> 755.  Owner is "root" and group "system".  We are running v4.1.5.  Any
> suggestions?  The script seems to be running fine on our F40  but not our
> R40's.

rc.shutdown

Post by Chuck Kuhlma » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

rc.shutdown was implementd in a late PTF to AIX 4.1.5.  Make sure that
you've that that particular one (and I don't have the IX number right at
hand) loaded.

rc.shutdown

Post by Juergen Gnos » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

ciao

create a new script /etc/shutdown.local
put your database-shutdown in this script with some "echos"
and call this script from the normal shutdown script in sbin

ciao juergen

Quote:> We are implementing some procedures to shut down our database and other
> applications.  My problem is that it does not appear to be executing when
> the system is shutdown.  It resides in /etc and the permissions are set
> 755.  Owner is "root" and group "system".  We are running v4.1.5.  Any
> suggestions?  The script seems to be running fine on our F40  but not our
> R40's.

> Thank You in advance,

> Chad

rc.shutdown

Post by Alan Hamilt » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

On Sun, 06 Dec 1998 00:12:49 -0500, Chuck Kuhlman

>rc.shutdown was implementd in a late PTF to AIX 4.1.5.  Make sure that
>you've that that particular one (and I don't have the IX number right at
>hand) loaded.

It was IX65326, bos.rte.control.4.1.5.4 or higher.

1. Shutdown not running rc.shutdown

Hi,

According to the 'init' man page, on shutdown init should run the
rc.shutdown script and then bring down the machine.  On my system
(FreeBSD 2.2.5-Release), it seems to bypass rc.shutdown completely.
Is there a way to run a script on shutdown similar to the rc.local
script on startup?

Thanks

2. kfm - how do I actually make it work?

3. rc.shutdown / shutdown / status?

4. test problem with perl5.001 on linux 1.2.9 system

5. /etc/rc.shutdown, init, and the shutdown/reboot/halt commands

6. User doing rm /var/mail/<username> permission denied

7. difference between /etc/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit ?

8. Repeated question.

9. which user does /etc/rc.d/rc.local / rc.sysinit run as?

10. SOLVED - Raid rc.0, rc.6 rc.S

11. 2 boot problems: shutdown -r, and rc.d scripts

12. Shutdown /etc/rc.d ...

13. Shutdown equivalent to rc.local