aixterm tektronix emulation - busted on 3.2

aixterm tektronix emulation - busted on 3.2

Post by Mark Whetz » Thu, 23 Apr 1992 07:14:06

Re: the discussion on aixterm undocmuented flag -t for tektronix
emulation.

On 3.2, this flag will open an aixterm, large window, white background
with a PALE yellow forground cursor.

You are unable to type within this window, but if you hold
control and press button two on the mouse, you will get the
"TEKTRONIX" control box for font selection, page, reset and hardcopy
selections.

However, regardless of focus, you cannot type within this window, and it
appears useless.  The only way I can kill the window is with the window
manager pulldown and close the window, or via the "quit" selction on
control-button-1 popup.

This is on an IBM X-station 120 running IBM release 4 server (bootfile1)
6091 display 2MB video, 3.5MB processor memory, to 6000 running 3.2 on
a model 540 system.  No Xdefaults file, just to make sure I was not
overriding something.

Looks busted to me.
--
Mark Whetzel     My comments are my own, not my company's.
Western Geophysical - A division of Western Atlas International,

VOICE: (713) 963-2544              UUNET address:  uunet!airgun!markw

1. Tektronix emulation in aixterm

Could someone remind me of the (undocumented) option on aixterm (AIX v3)
which supports Tektronix 4010 or 4014 emulation. I seem to remember reading
that -v would do the trick, but this doesn't seem to work.

Jack Levy (University College London Computer Centre)

2. ALAS BABYLON

3. 3.2 lex busted?!

4. Embedded linux

5. more problems with AIXTERM and AIX 3.2

6. upgrade from RH7.1 --> 7.2?

7. Colour Tektronix emulation on Linux?

8. Which Communicator works on OpenBSD?

9. Tektronix emulation with telnet

10. Tektronix Emulation in Xterm

11. aixterm features on PC-based X-emulation?

12. SCO 3.2 and Win95 Terminal Emulation Problems

13. Porblem veritas 3.2 cluster 3.2 import e deport disk group