PDT software errors ?

Post by name » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Everyday, for the past couple of weeks, PDT has been reporting this
message on two different machines:

  -  Software ERRORS; time to next error is 0.027 days

This drew my attention to errpt, so I checked errpt -a, and it was
reporting MBUF (Out of Buffers) problems with the token ring card. I
fixed that by upping the receive buffers on the card, but I'm still
getting that error message in my daily PDT report....

After fixing the token ring problem, I cleared the error log with
errclear, and haven't had any more messages in the log....but i still
get the PDT message.

Is PDT just playing tricks again?

Steven V.

PDT software errors ?

Post by name » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Everyday, for the past couple of weeks, PDT has been reporting this
message on two different machines:

  -  Software ERRORS; time to next error is 0.027 days

This drew my attention to errpt, so I checked errpt -a, and it was
reporting MBUF (Out of Buffers) problems with the token ring card. I
fixed that by upping the receive buffers on the card, but I'm still
getting that error message in my daily PDT report....

After fixing the token ring problem, I cleared the error log with
errclear, and haven't had any more messages in the log....but i still
get the PDT message.

Is PDT just playing tricks again?

Steven V.

1. PDT software errors

Everyday, for the past couple of weeks, PDT has been reporting this
message on two different machines:

  -  Software ERRORS; time to next error is 0.027 days

This drew my attention to errpt, so I checked errpt -a, and it was
reporting MBUF (Out of Buffers) problems with the token ring card. I
fixed that by upping the receive buffers on the card, but I'm still
getting that error message in my daily PDT report....

After fixing the token ring problem, I cleared the error log with
errclear, and haven't had any more messages in the log....but i still
get the PDT message.

Is PDT just playing tricks again?

Steven V.

2. Drawing Tablets