Difference between HACMP and HACMP/ES

Post by Charles THI » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:05:06

Hi all,

Someone can explain me what is the difference between HACMP and
HACMP/ES ?

I have two nodes (S85) connected to two ESS boxes (for mirroring)
across FC adapters, and running HACMP/ES. Is it really necessary
HACMP/ES for this situation ?
This version of HACMP has been delivery automaticly by IBM without any
information from us...

Many thanks for your informations.

Charles.

Post by Simon Marches » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 22:27:32

> Hi all,

> Someone can explain me what is the difference between HACMP and
> HACMP/ES ?

> I have two nodes (S85) connected to two ESS boxes (for mirroring)
> across FC adapters, and running HACMP/ES. Is it really necessary
> HACMP/ES for this situation ?

It's not necessary but it is recommended. HACMP ES has lots of godd stuff
which HACMP classic doesn't and never will, as they rely upon the RSCT
which HACMP ES uses.
Quote:> This version of HACMP has been delivery automaticly by IBM without any

Post by Charles THI » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 21:30:05

> > Hi all,

> > Someone can explain me what is the difference between HACMP and
> > HACMP/ES ?

> > I have two nodes (S85) connected to two ESS boxes (for mirroring)
> > across FC adapters, and running HACMP/ES. Is it really necessary
> > HACMP/ES for this situation ?

> It's not necessary but it is recommended. HACMP ES has lots of godd stuff
> which HACMP classic doesn't and never will, as they rely upon the RSCT
> which HACMP ES uses.

> > This version of HACMP has been delivery automaticly by IBM without any
> > information from us...

> > Many thanks for your informations.

> > Charles.

Thank Simon,

But can you develop the fact : 'has lots of good stuff' ?
Because, i work with HACMP standard 4.3 and now i begin with HACMP/ES
4.4 and i don't find directly the difference. !

Thanks again.

Charles.

1. Weird behaviour after upgrading from HACMP/ES 4.4.0 to HACMP/ES 4.4.1

All,

I recently upgraded a 2 nodes cluster (cascading) from HACMP/ES 4.4.0
to HACMP/ES 4.4.1, and the cluster behaves weirdly! After upgrading
the primary node, and after a reboot (as per documentation), I restart
cluster manager. The node is joigning the cluster, then the resource
group travel gently from the backup node to the fresh upgraded primary
node. Everything is fine, filesystems are mounted, application server
is started, then when you think you are done, a swap adapter event
occurred on the node, and the standby adapter becomes the service
adapter. After all the software and hardware checking, I couldn't find
any trouble on the adapter...

Did you notice such behaviour?

Thierry

2. Would I be able to install as UNIX?

3. Does hacmp synchronisations need hacmp started ?

4. issue file overwritten

5. HACMP/es + nfs + ops

6. Signal for host process Sync

7. Etherchannel and HACMP ES

8. Change color depth

9. HACMP/ES 4.4.1 NFS problem

10. HACMP/ES support for Gigabit adapters

11. HACMP/ES 4.4 clinfoES problem

12. HACMP/ES or HAGEO

13. Oracle Parellel Server on HACMP/ES (Clarion, Fastt500)