need graphical systems monitor package

Post by Don Barnic » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello -
  I'm looking for a good graphical systems monitor package for our AIX
system.  I've seen the Performance Toolbox (xmperf, etc.), and I've only
heard about Perspectives.
Does anyone have recommendations for, or experience with, any other packages
for AIX?  Freeware or otherwise?  Ideally, it would work on an SP cluster as
well as
on standalone systems.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Don Barnick

need graphical systems monitor package

Post by Jeff Zimmerma » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

You might want to check out "Glance" by HP (yes, they do have a version for
AIX).  I have no details on it other than it is a graphical monitoring
package.  It will also keep a benchmark/trend database of system
performance.

You can check it out at: http://www.openview.hp.com/pdfs/153.PDF

Hope this helps,
Jeff Zimmerman

Quote:> Hello -

Post by Dennis Breede » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Check out BMC's Patrol.  www.bmc.com