how to syncronize Aix time from OS/390 timed server?

how to syncronize Aix time from OS/390 timed server?

Post by Salvatore Pagan » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 00:37:52

I need to syncronize the  time on an AIX system using a time server (timed)
located on an OS/390 - TCP 2.6.
Any idea ?????

1. Time synchronization on AIX servers with an OS/390 mainframe

Hi,

Maybe it is a old question, howerver, I do need the solution.
We need to synchronize AIX servers with an OS/390 mainframe. NTP is a
good way to go but the mainframe doesn't support NTP, it just supports
TIMED. We decided to use a AIX server to get time from mainframe using
TIMED and then send time out using NTP ( Or start NTP to wait for
pulling from the others). When the mainframe guy started the TIMED as
master on mainframe, I still couldn't get time from it!?

Any help would be appreciated.

Max

2. Ensoniq AudioPCI97 (ES1371)

3. Time sysnchronisation on AIX with an OS/390 mainframe

4. ** Problem with find? **

5. Syncronizing time on 3 Linux 5.2 servers and a NT 4.0 server

6. May 17 Intel P6 talk followup

7. convert UT time in local time / local time in UT time

8. multicast

9. time time time how can I tell the time

10. FTP from AIX to OS/390 question

11. AIX SP2 Connection to MVS OS/390-Host

12. CICS: choose AIX, OS/390, or NT

13. Tekram DC-390 and Linux first time setup.