Restart inetd or reboot without using console...when inetd is dead

Restart inetd or reboot without using console...when inetd is dead

Post by Jamart Vincen » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

We have a little (...) problem: after migration of AIX 4.1.5 to AIX
4.3.2 and making a system backup before rebooting the host, the inet
daemon seems to die and the server only responds to ping answers. No
telnet, ftp, rsh or rexec connection is aviable before rebooting. I'd
like to resart this daemon or the host without going on console.

any idea??

--
Vincent Jamart, Sgt.
AIX System Administrator

------------------------------
"RTFM you must, young Padawan"

1. Inetd problem: Need to restart it by hand after reboot

To all System Admin Wizards out there:
        I'm fairly new to UNIX/TCPIP arena.  So any help on this topic
will be GREATLY appreciated.

        On one AIX, RS6000 box, I installed a server program that uses
inetd.  I double checked with the file "protocols", and made sure tcp is
using protocol number 6.  I edited the file "services", and put in an
entry "myprog  6543/tcp" to designate the port numer 6543 for my
program.  I then went into "inetd.conf", and put in the approperate info
.
        Problem:  If I were to reboot the system, my PC
application can't make the connection.  If I were to kill the "inetd" by
hand, and then restart it by hand, my PC application finds the port
without a problem.
        Any idea?  Please E-mail me.  Thanx.
                                - Howard

2. Applications open twice (?) -- Is this normal?

3. new inetd.conf without reboot

4. accessing from linux to Solaris NFS share

5. Help! Start/stop inetd without reboot?

6. pop3 clients for Linux

7. Q inetd/sockets: how to run my daemon from inetd???

8. limiting startx to the console

9. multiple inetd spawning from an inetd

10. troubles with inetd / inetd.conf

11. Automatically restart inetd

12. restart inetd.conf file solaris 2.6

13. Restart INETD?