WU_FTPD and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3

WU_FTPD and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3

Post by Louis Banen » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:48:34



Can anybody tell me where I can find a package or installation for WU-FTPD
and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3 ?

Thanks,

Louis Banens

 
 
 

WU_FTPD and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3

Post by Stanislav Kuchi » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 20:41:24


Hi

You can find wu-ftpd packages at Bull Group AIX archive at

http://www.bull.de/pub

IBM's LDAP implementation is SecureWay Directory. You can download it
at no cost from

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/network/directory/downloads/

Cheers,
Stan


> Can anybody tell me where I can find a package or installation for WU-FTPD
> and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3 ?

> Thanks,

> Louis Banens


 
 
 

WU_FTPD and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3

Post by Louis Banen » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 22:45:31


Stanislav,

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually I am looking for a WU-FTPD package
that can work with the LDAP configuration that comes with the Netscape
Enterprise Server. This way we can use one central authorisation database.

Thanks,

Louis Banens


> Hi

> You can find wu-ftpd packages at Bull Group AIX archive at

> http://www.bull.de/pub

> IBM's LDAP implementation is SecureWay Directory. You can download it
> at no cost from

> http://www-4.ibm.com/software/network/directory/downloads/

> Cheers,
> Stan




Quote:> > Can anybody tell me where I can find a package or installation for
WU-FTPD
> > and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3 ?

> > Thanks,

> > Louis Banens

 
 
 

WU_FTPD and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 04:29:24





>> Thanks for your quick reply. Actually I am looking for a WU-FTPD package
>> that can work with the LDAP configuration that comes with the Netscape
>> Enterprise Server. This way we can use one central authorisation database.
>Unless you modify WU-FTPD to call LDAP explicitly yourself, I'd would
>doubt it.  On Solaris, the LDAP authentication is actually a bridge that
>emulates NIS from what I'm told.  Using the native OS call for
>authentication getpwnam() et al is the interface that WU-FTPD uses.  To
>have it do otherwise would require your own coding efforts.

note: this is trivial on systems that use pam and for which an ldap module
exists, since recent versions of wu-ftpd support pam.  i can't say that
i've seen any nis<->ldap layers for aix, but if one exists then the aix
system would use normal (library provided) nis calls to access the ldap
database.

--
okay, have a sig then

 
 
 

WU_FTPD and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3

Post by ljm » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:21:43





>>Stanislav,

>>Thanks for your quick reply. Actually I am looking for a WU-FTPD package
>>that can work with the LDAP configuration that comes with the Netscape
>>Enterprise Server. This way we can use one central authorisation database.

>>Thanks,

>>Louis Banens



>>>Hi

>>>You can find wu-ftpd packages at Bull Group AIX archive at

>>>http://www.bull.de/pub

>>>IBM's LDAP implementation is SecureWay Directory. You can download it
>>>at no cost from

>>>http://www-4.ibm.com/software/network/directory/downloads/

>>>Cheers,
>>>Stan



>>>>Can anybody tell me where I can find a package or installation for
>>>>WU-FTPD and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3 ?

> Unless you modify WU-FTPD to call LDAP explicitly yourself, I'd would
> doubt it.  On Solaris, the LDAP authentication is actually a bridge that
> emulates NIS from what I'm told.  Using the native OS call for
> authentication getpwnam() et al is the interface that WU-FTPD uses.  To
> have it do otherwise would require your own coding efforts.

> Sounds like a fun project.  Let us know how it turns out...

Hi,

Not exactly; Solaris uses a PAM (Plugable authentication Method). you
can do the configuration in /etc/nsswicth.conf. You can even chain
authentication methods. I think AIX 5 should be able to do the same.

Never tried it with FTP's, but couldn't you do something with a primary
authentication method under AIX? Or is that for the TSM (login) only?

ljm

--

reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including
but not limited to telepathy  without the benevolence of the author.

 
 
 

WU_FTPD and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3

Post by Louis Banen » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:56:53


Gyus,

Thanks for all the input. I am now first focussing on setting up the WU_FTPD
server which gives me a headache already (see my new posting about that).
Afterthat it would be nice if I could use the LDAP database we already use
for out Netscape Enterprise Server.

Thanks,

Louis Banens


Quote:> Can anybody tell me where I can find a package or installation for WU-FTPD
> and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3 ?

> Thanks,

> Louis Banens

 
 
 

WU_FTPD and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3

Post by khel.. » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 02:43:43


On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:56:53 +0100, "Louis Banens"


>Gyus,

>Thanks for all the input. I am now first focussing on setting up the WU_FTPD
>server which gives me a headache already (see my new posting about that).
>Afterthat it would be nice if I could use the LDAP database we already use
>for out Netscape Enterprise Server.

>Thanks,

>Louis Banens

get pureftp (http://www.pureftp.org) which has ldap support if
compiled with the openldap libraries

--khelben