JFS2 internals

Post by Narasimha Krishnakuma » Wed, 23 May 2001 05:17:25

Hi,

Is there any document or any good source of information that gives an
indepth explanation of the JFS2 filesystem internals(starting with the
layout and organisation on disk). Any help in this regard would be great.

Regards,
Narasimha Krishnakumar.

JFS2 internals

Post by Erik Klui » Thu, 24 May 2001 19:24:52

try here http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG245765.html
Redbook: AIX 5L Differences guide 5.0 (5.1 will come out soon, may?).
Erik

Quote:> Hi,

> Is there any document or any good source of information that gives an
> indepth explanation of the JFS2 filesystem internals(starting with the
> layout and organisation on disk). Any help in this regard would be great.

> Regards,
> Narasimha Krishnakumar.

JFS2 internals

Post by Hajo Ehler » Thu, 24 May 2001 20:36:54

Hi Erik
AIX 5.1 is out for about 2 weeks

regards
Hajo

1. Put the internals back in comp.unix.internals!

Perhaps I'm wrong, but doesn't internals imply a discussion on the internals
of Unix? (Which I take to mean things pretty close to a kernel level...)
This is what I subscribed to this group for, but I see little difference
between this group and comp.unix.*. I think the catagories need to be
subdivided into a sense making order. comp.unix.programming for programming,
internals for internals, etc. I don't see any need to choose wizards over
internals because both seem more like programming to me. I think that posts
on low level things, such as device drivers are appropriate. I think that
the trojan horse stuff should go into comp.unix.security or comp.unix.hackers
or something. I'm more interested in hearing people discuss really low level
concepts. But hey, just my $0.02. Granted, the trojan horse stuff almost
makes my definition of internals, but I'm getting tired of 18 billion
"Trojan Horse" subjects every time I try to read the group.

| Michael Griffith                     | If I had an opinion it certainly   |

| ...!tektronix!psueea!eecs!griffith   | Portland State University anyways. |

2. IP - help!@!?

3. restore mksysb with jfs2 filesystem to jfs filesystem

4. KDE and Left Mouse Click

5. JFS2 AIX 5.2 snapshot: consistent snapshot for multiple file systems

6. AWK question

7. JFS2 Odd Behavior

8. jfs and jfs2.

9. JFS2

10. I have some errors on aix 5L jfs2

11. Mount of AIX jfs2 filesystem on Linux server extremely slow

12. blocksize of jfs2-filesystem