./configure runs incredibly slow after installing VAC++

./configure runs incredibly slow after installing VAC++

Post by Andrey Koubyche » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 01:01:40

Hello everyone,

Today I have installed trial version of Visual Age 6.0 on AIX 4.3.3
After this procedure ./configure script of omniORB application that I want
to compile runs increadibly slow.
Checking the presence of one theader in 1 minute. I've found many zomdie
process (maybe they were earlier) and rebooted the machine. After this I
still have this problem, but zombies not created anymore (probably its
unrelated)

--
Best regards,
Andrey Koubychev

./configure runs incredibly slow after installing VAC++

Post by Joerg Brueh » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:29:35

Hello Andrey!

> Hello everyone,

> Today I have installed trial version of Visual Age 6.0 on AIX 4.3.3
> After this procedure ./configure script of omniORB application that I want
> to compile runs increadibly slow.
> Checking the presence of one theader in 1 minute. [...]

The IBM C compiler checks for a license. If none is found (this may
include the case "existing license currently in use by other process"),
AFAIK it has a timeout mechanism and then will start working.
This is (was?) reported like a syntax error or warning - if you
can access these files (my be hard through "configure"), you would
see whether that occurs.

HTH,
Joerg Bruehe

--
Joerg Bruehe, SQL Datenbanksysteme GmbH, Berlin, Germany
     (speaking only for himself)

Post by Jeff Trawic » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 20:42:07

> The IBM C compiler checks for a license. If none is found (this may
> include the case "existing license currently in use by other process"),
> AFAIK it has a timeout mechanism and then will start working.
> This is (was?) reported like a syntax error or warning - if you
> can access these files (my be hard through "configure"), you would
> see whether that occurs.

look in config.log

--

Born in Roswell... married an alien...

./configure runs incredibly slow after installing VAC++

Post by Andrey Koubyche » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 23:49:07

Quote:> The IBM C compiler checks for a license. If none is found (this may
> include the case "existing license currently in use by other process"),
> AFAIK it has a timeout mechanism and then will start working.

Thank you for the answer ! I started i4cfg, pressed randomly few buttons and
now compiler works fast !