Almost there... Ultrastar 18 ES on 7015-R40

Almost there... Ultrastar 18 ES on 7015-R40

Post by .o0 Shadow 0o » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Well,

    So I managed a mksysb with mapfile onto a tape, replaced the original
2.2GB with the 18ES, booted from the mksysb tape, re-installed/created
rootvg on the new drive, booted the system up, then all heck broke loose...

I have a 7133 with 7 2GB SSA drives and 4 4GB SSA drives each drive is in
it's own VG (I didn't originally set this up) and has a FS on it..

When I boot off the Ultrastar (the restored mksysb) mount -a fails with
non-existing devices..

I look in smit and the SSA's are configured and recognized..

A quick check in /etc/filesystems show's the mount definitions are there, as
well as the FS  => VG relationships..

no dev entries or odm though.....

Swap drives and it goes vroom...

Wierd....

Any clues...

Thanks in advance...

    Erik

--
You have NO /proc ?... Pity.

Almost there... Ultrastar 18 ES on 7015-R40

Post by cyb.. » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Well,

>     So I managed a mksysb with mapfile onto a tape, replaced the
original
> 2.2GB with the 18ES, booted from the mksysb tape, re-installed/created
> rootvg on the new drive, booted the system up, then all heck broke
loose...

> I have a 7133 with 7 2GB SSA drives and 4 4GB SSA drives each drive is
in
> it's own VG (I didn't originally set this up) and has a FS on it..

> When I boot off the Ultrastar (the restored mksysb) mount -a fails
with
> non-existing devices..

> I look in smit and the SSA's are configured and recognized..

> A quick check in /etc/filesystems show's the mount definitions are
there, as
> well as the FS  => VG relationships..

> no dev entries or odm though.....

> Swap drives and it goes vroom...

> Wierd....

> Any clues...

> Thanks in advance...

>     Erik

> --
> You have NO /proc ?... Pity.

Try exporting and importing the volume groups (exportvg & importvg).

Regards,
Clive

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Ultastar 18ES on IBM 7015-R40

Has somebody done this before...?

I've got a R40 with 4.1.5 that I'd like to hook an Ultrastar 18ES to and
create a new rootvg on (Preparing for 4.3.2 UG) IBM's info on the Ultrastar
is that it's "fully backward compatible SCSI"  so if the powers that be
may.... would this mean that it's supported using the "other SCSI hard
drive" driver ?  I've got a SCSI High performance adapter and a SCSI
Fast/Wide Adapter...

Thanks a bunch ahead of time.....

E.

"AIX, UN*X for the control freaks in all of us..."

2. stock ticker lib?

3. HELP! What I can and cannot due with a 7015-R40 (DASD Upgrade)

4. 20 gigabytes/week software (PC and MAC) f

5. help!! scsi drive & ibm ultrastar es

6. usb printer

7. Where to get or buy ES-255 and ES-220 or exchanging with ES-310 ?

8. linux/NT/MS-Exchange

9. FS: 7015-R50

10. Attaching a third party External Disk to 7015/930 Server

11. FS: RS/6000 PowerServer 7015/930

12. 7015-R50