aixterm - how to turn off auto-wraparound

aixterm - how to turn off auto-wraparound

Post by Andrew Daws » Wed, 19 Dec 1990 01:48:48

Does anyone know how to turn off the auto-wraparound feature when aixterm
starts up? I know I can use <CTRL>-middlebutton and uncheck it, but I can't
find a way of doing this either by a command line option or by an entry in
.Xdefaults. aixterm -keywords didn't seem to give a sensible option, nor did
the info explorer aixterm entry. I tried putting aixterm*autowrap: false in
.Xdefaults as a guess, but it didn't seem to do anything.

There seems to be a reverse wrap option, but that's a different thing
altogether.

The reason I ask is that editing wide files in vi is next to impossible if
the lines wrap round.

Any pointers....?

--
Andrew Dawson, Computer Centre, University College London, Gower Street,
London WC1E 6BT, England.

1. Maddening loss of xterm's auto-wraparound under AIX

Help!  I keep losing auto-wraparound in my xterm and it's driving me nuts!

I'm running PC/Linux/XFree86v3.1.1 and displaying xterm from a remote
RS6000/AIX3.2/X11R5.  Whenever I run vi, or certain other
(curses-based?) terminal screen handling jobbies, I lose the
auto-wraparound.  Is there a way to fix this?  aixterm behaves the
same way!

Kenji
--
Sonna henna mono o tabecha ikemasen.
(You shouldn't eat such strange things.)

2. Installing Apache 2.0.40, PHP 4.2.3, and MySQL 3.23 from scratch

3. disabling auto-wraparound in xterm?

4. TV tuner board & Linux?

5. Xterm and auto-wraparound

6. How to notify arriving mail?

7. System auto turn off

8. Help, please....

9. turn off auto restore application in CDE during login

10. turning-off auto-detect?

11. Turn off Auto-logout

12. How to turn off auto-logout?

13. Turning off Auto Logout on Serial Lines