Comparing Unix versus Linux versus Windows NT/2000

Comparing Unix versus Linux versus Windows NT/2000

Post by A Sewi » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:40:36

I am trying to find whitepapers and other third party writings that compare
unix, linux and windows operating systems from an eBusiness perspective. Any
links would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

A.

1. Question with Security on Linux/Unix versus Windows NT/2000

At work we use Windows NT on workstations and the other day people got
email with an attached virus.  The virus reformatted that persons hardrive
if they clicked on the attachment.

I thought the purpose of NT was to protect the workstation from being
manipulated either from the user of that workstation or from an outside
source.  Isn't that why you have an administrator login versus a login for
a user?

Is Linux or Unix vulnerable to this?

2. How to backup the server D: to Tape directly

3. XP Pro versus Home versus 2000

4. 64 Bit Oracle on Solaris 7 !

5. Linux versus SCO versus NT advice.

6. 2-PC switch

7. linux versus windows 2000

8. vt420

9. predictions for windows 2000 versus linux?

10. The Bible according to Linux: Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 versus UNIX

11. Unix versus Windows NT

12. Linux versus OS/2 versus Cairo and so on

13. Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 versus Linux comparison