Rerouting print queues

Post by Kevin Lisot » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Is there a way to reroute print queue in AIX 3?  One of our printers is
down and I would save a lot of headaches by just temporariliy rerouting.

The only problem is that we have two different types of printer
connections.  One has a jetdirect card, its own IP address and the
corresponding print queue configured in AIX.  The other, however, is
connected by a serial cable to our breakout box  (it's connected like a
3151 terminal would be)  I can find no corresponding print queue for this
printer and am wondering how a serial printer would be connected in this
fashion.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Please respond to

Thanks

Kevin

Rerouting print queues

Post by P. van Schijnd » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Or under AIX 4.1?

>Is there a way to reroute print queue in AIX 3?  One of our printers is
>down and I would save a lot of headaches by just temporariliy rerouting.
>The only problem is that we have two different types of printer
>connections.  One has a jetdirect card, its own IP address and the
>corresponding print queue configured in AIX.  The other, however, is
>connected by a serial cable to our breakout box  (it's connected like a
>3151 terminal would be)  I can find no corresponding print queue for this
>printer and am wondering how a serial printer would be connected in this
>fashion.
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Please respond to

>Thanks
>Kevin

1. point solaris print queue to win2000 print queue

Hey all again,

I have users that telnet in to my server and i need to set up a couple of
queues to point to an nt server as i do not have direct printing rights to
the print server. any help appriceated

Solars 8 print queue to win2000 print queue

thanx in advance,

Oliver

2. basic problem using curses

3. Remote print queue/queue device definitions

4. libphp for linux

5. Queuing print jobs to NetWare queues?

6. Sun Blade 100 & DVDs

7. Print queue as a batch queue.

8. Speedstream 1024 Wireless network card

9. Rerouting print requests -> problem

10. problem with print to Netware print queue

11. moving print job among print queues?

12. Print queue flooded with 'finished printing' zombies...

13. Printing "watermark" in ps print queue?