1. Enhanced Filing system - file system like DEC Advanced File system for Linux
Some time ago I was involved in discussion on this news group regarding the
design of a new file system for Linux. The main aim is to support dynamic size
changing by adding/removing partitions from the file system at run time without
interrupting processes that are using the file system. Another major feature is
logging so that a system crash or power failure can be recovered from without
data loss or an excessive amount of time spent running FSCK.
This project is now going ahead, if you are interested then please load up the
following URL: http://www.virtual.net.au/~rjc/enh-fs.html
2. Strange behaviour of "make"
3. Are there any compressed "in-file" file systems available in Linux?
4. I need help! Network unreachable!
5. File system compression, mounting a compressed file as a loop device.
6. how to append to a line in sed?
7. Are there any compressed "in-file" file systems available in Linux?
8. Lock file naming convention in Solaris 8
9. "Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"
10. compress one large file into several smaller files?
11. compressing a tar file in real time?
12. Real size of compressed file.
13. /var file system <==> /usr file system