Anyone using OpenConnect software?

Post by Energy Management Ass » Fri, 16 Oct 1992 23:45:35

Is anyone out in net.world using OpenConnect software as a TCP/IP to
SNA gateway?  We are having numerous problems with our setup.
What other products are available?
Any information is greatly appreciated,

James Morse

1. Anyone using spock? Scientific/protein modeling software

I have recently downloaded and installed Spock, a rather nice molecular
modeling application.  It starts up fine but then it craps out on the
license check.  I HAVE a license in the spock directory, where it looks,
and in the Spockrc file $SP_DOMAIN is set, as per instructions, yet
whenever I start spock, I get an error message telling me that it could
not identify the hostname and make sure that $SP_DOMAIN _is_ set in
Spockrc.

My system is setup as localhost.localdomain.  I have tried a couple
flavors of this, each with similar errors (localhost.patrick,
localhost.localdomain).  Does anyone with localhost.localdomain setup
on their computer run spock?  If so, what did you do to get it up?

I also downloaded "checkname.c", compiled it and ran it.  It returns
that the local computer is localhost, as is proper, yet spock just
cannot accept this reality.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

"If a man hasn't discovered something that
he will die for, he isn't fit to live."
                  --Martin Luther King, Jr

Padraig UiNiall

2. Re-mapping keys

3. GNU APCd software: Anyone else using it?

4. install directory for pkgadd

5. Is anyone using TeamQuest View software?

6. HCL and Dual Processor motherboards for Solaris 7

7. Anyone using Disk defragmenting software?

8. xmms 1.2.4 (MP3 Player) and AIX 4.3.3 problems...help!

9. Anyone using third-party print queue software?

10. Anyone using Software Partners/32 StorageCenter?

11. : Anyone using Roland SCC1 and Sequencer software on Linux?

12. Anyone out there using Metalbase db software?

13. Using the PEX5 X module (Has anyone actually ever used it??)