rn/rrn term.c/tgetent() Followup

Post by cs.. » Tue, 11 Dec 1990 13:00:47

Well good news!

To get tgetent(), a libtermcap.a routine, to work on the RS6000 I only
had to create a link from /etc/termcap to /lib/libtermcap/termcap.src:

        ln -s /lib/libtermcap/termcap.src /etc/termcap

Any termcap file would do but IBM supplies this one.

I am a bit surprised the RS6000 has routines to access the termcap file when
it uses terminfo:  but, then again, there is no manual entry for tgetent.

I am glad it works but must wonder if it is suppose to work or will
in the future.

Newsgroups: comp.unix.aix
Subject: rn/rrn term.c/tgetent followup.